X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • granddaddydom
    • Jan 2012

Help!!!!! Identify What, Where & Scale

I recently purchased 2 U-boat conning tower kits (Type 7C) and a Type 9) at an estate sale.

Based on packing materials found in the boxes they may be of German origin from the mid 1980s

Both include an identical deck section to mount them on, They are both solid Resin with metal cast components and wire to form the rear railings around the conning tower rear Flak platform extension.

There are no instructions.

I have researched every online source I can find and I have not found any kits that are similar.

Additionally, I have researched every photo source I could find and I have Found one photo of a Type VIIC that has a conning tower flak platform extension with the shape on the type 7C kit.

I have created an album with JPGs to help anyone who can identify them.

I recently purchased 2 U-boat conning tower kits at an estate sale. The Box lids have (Type 7C) and (Type 9) written on them.

Based on packing materials found in the boxes they may be of German origin from the mid 1980s. There are no instructions.

Both include an identical deck section to mount them on, They are both solid Resin with metal cast components and wire to form the rear railings around the conning tower rear extension.

I have researched every online source I can find and I have not found any kits that are similar.

Additionally, I have researched every photo source I could find and I have Found one photo of a Type VIIC that has a conning tower flak platform extension with the shape on the type 7C kit.

I have created an album with JPGs to help to identify them.

ONE BOX HAD NEWSPAPER STUFFING DATE FREITAG, 17 AUGUST 1984; PUBLICATION AKTUELLES (GERMAN)

NO INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED.

2 DECK SECTIONS. BOTH ARE IDENTICAL:

ORANGE/BROWN RESIN

Dimensional Information

18.5 “ LONG; BOTTOM DIMENSIONS: 4’ WIDE AT END AT BOWED DECK SECTION; 3.75” WIDE AT OTHER END
    TOP DIMENSIONS: 4.5” WIDE AT BOWED END; 3.5” AT OTHER END

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX
    BOX IDENTIFIES THIS CONNING TOWER AS A TYPE 9
    BOTTOM DIMENSIONS: TOTAL LENGTH 10 ¼”; CONNING TOWER WITHOUT EXTENSION LENGTH 8 ¾” INCLUDING REAR EXTENSION;
    CONNING TOWER WITHOUT FRONT OR REAR EXTENSION 4 ¾”; REAR EXTENSION 3 ¼”
    TOP VIEW DIMENSIONS: CONNING TOWER INTERIOR FROM FRONT LIP TO START OF REAR EXTENSION 4 ¾”; REAR EXTENSION 3 ¼”
    SIDE VIEW: OVERALL LENGTH 10 ¼”; HEIGHT OF CONNING TOWER 4”; HEIGHT FROM BASE TO LEVEL OF REAR EXTENSION 2.5”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    BOX IDENTIFIES THIS CONNING TOWER AS A TYPE 7C
    BASE SECTION: BOTTOM DIMENSION LENGTH 12 1/8”; HEIGHT 1 1/4”, WIDTH AT WIDEST CURVE 3 5/8”; ELIPTICAL OPENING LENGTH 8 ½”
    CONNING TOWER: BOTTOM DIMENSIONS: TOTAL LENGTH 7 5/8”; HEIGHT BASE TO TOP OF REAR EXTENSION 1 5/8”; HEIGHT BASE TO TOP OF CONNING TOWER 3”
    TOP VIEW: CONNING TOWER LENGTH WITHOUT REAR EXTENSION 4 1/2”; LENGTH REAR EXTENSION 3 ½; WIDTH REAR EXTENSION 4 ½”LENGTH OF STRAIGHT SECTION OF REAR EXTENSION 1 7/8”
    TOP VIEW INTERNAL CONNING TOWER DIMENSIONS: CONNING TOWER INTERIOR FROM FRONT LIP TO START OF REAR EXTENSION 4 ¼”; WIDTH FRONT PLATFORM 2”.

ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE ORIGIN AND SCALE OF THESE KITS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

I really would appreciate and help identifying these kits.

Thank you

Andrew G

I really would appreciate and help identifying these kits.

Thank you

Andrew G
    Last edited by granddaddydom; 05-03-2020, 03:53 PM. Reason: New Information
Working...
X