X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Equi
    • Nov 2019

MicroMir Foxtrot question

After my visit of the B-39 in San Diego I would like to build one. MicroMir Foxtrot would be my choice. Unfortunately, instructions are quite simple and do not show some details for example direction of rotation of the propellers. Any advice for building this kit would be greatly appreciated. One more question, is there a picture the B-39 while it is still in active service showing the original markings?
    Thank you.
  • tom dougherty
    • Jul 2005

Observing from behind the stern, the leftmost (port) screw turns counterclockwise, the right (starboard) clockwise, and the centerline is counterclockwise. There will be a Foxtrot article in the upcoming December Subcommittee Report.

There are some Foxtrot models with 3 bladed propellers out there; the submarine had 6 bladed props. As to markings, there are lots of pictures of Foxtrots online. Generally black overall or black above, red below. The most prominent departure are the unpainted silver colored fiberglass area for the two bow sonars, as well as the deck mounted searchlight sonar and underwater phone gear, also silver. It is not easy to track photos to an individual Soviet submarine, such as B39. One thing for sure, that big red star on the front of the sail is fictional.
    Last edited by tom dougherty; 11-28-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X