X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seaview
    • Aug 2018

My 31" Nautilus build.

Here are some Pictures of my current 31" Harper Goff Nautilus build. The model features full lighting in the Wheelhouse and the salon exterior lights. I built the model per the film which is why I elected for warm Yellow lighting. For the same reason the alligator eyes are not lit. The screw is motorized , Hatches open and conceal the switches for operation. The model also features sound.

I have also included some videos I made as I like to have my work do their thing.
    One of my all time favorite submarines, Harper Goff's design for Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea Nautilus.:smile2:

Being the boring type, I built the 31" Model to reflect(as best I can), The 11' Hero Miniature.

The lighting was based on the film, therefore NO overblown way too bright lights. I also elected to use soft yellow lighting. The Wheelhouse lights and the salon outside lights are independent of each other. NOTE... the wheelhouse lights are not green. They never were...ever.Neither were the alligator lights...never. I elected to not light the alligator lights because 99% of the time in the film...they aren't lit:wink2:

I also didn't pre shade the boat because...it looks like Pre Shading!

All the hatches work. the closed breathers are removable to access the salon lights switch .

The boat is weathered...but not overly weathered.The lighting rig is my own. The upper and lower hull separate to allow access to the electronics and are held tightly in place via the front spear and the rear screw.

These last two shots are "in camera" shots of the model.

I visited my local Hobby shop with my 31" Nautilus today!

• subdude
    Official Peon
    • Feb 2003

Dear seaview,

I hate you.

Seriously, that is fabulous work. I'm jealous as heck. Thank you so much for sharing it!

Jim
    SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• seaview
      • Aug 2018

Sincere Thanks Jim! Just ordered the interior Salon for this boat. Next one will be a larger scale and RC.

High Regards,
      Mark
      Last edited by seaview; 10-25-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• seaview
        • Aug 2018

Comment

• seaview
          • Aug 2018

Comment

Working...
          X