X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drschmidt
    • Jul 2014

My Trumpeter VIIc build

As a big fan of cutaway submarine models, I could not resist the temptation to get me the Trumpeter VIIc for Christmas. I'll post pictures of the build here, without allot of commenting. If you want to know more, just ask......

So far I build everything according to plan, only with slight modifications on the bunks, coloring and the air bottles, and I will slightly modify the torpedo tube hatches.

• bigdave
    • Feb 2003

Looking foreword to your progress. BD
    sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
    "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

• drschmidt
      • Jul 2014

Comment

• drschmidt
        • Jul 2014

Tiny stuff...

Comment

• bob the builder
          Former SC President
          • Feb 2003

Beautiful so far! Really looking forward to seeing more progress!
          The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• drschmidt
            • Jul 2014

Adding details and workin on a mre realistic look using filters and washes of various shades.

Comment

• drschmidt
              • Jul 2014

Work in progres....

Comment

• drschmidt
                • Jul 2014

Taking shape. The torpedo tubes are pretty much done. Still waiting for photo-etched details. I'll add some more details in the living area. The ceiling is now equipped with LEDs. The torpedos are glued into place and need some additional weathering.

Comment

• salmon
                  Treasurer
                  • Jul 2011

außerordentlich!

I like what you are doing! Makes me want to get distracted and get one of these.
                  If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• drschmidt
                    • Jul 2014

O.K., started with some modifications to the kit. I fabricated a second cover out of styrene to mirror the one of the right. Turned out reasonably well. I also added some light rust effects on the steel floor.

I also started to modify the lower part of the torpedo room. Actually there the kit is missing the lower end of the pressure hull. Below the torpedo storage compartment were the torpedo balancing tank and some trim tanks. With a bit of styrene I added a section of the pressure hull and some internal bulkheads. The ribbing will be next.

Comment

• drschmidt
                      • Jul 2014

Test fitting. The interior of the bow will need allot of additional details.....

Additional details have already been added to the front of the pressure hull. The original ended in a steel-cast, dome-like pressure hull flor. 3D-Printing --> done.

Comment

• sam reichart
                        Past President
                        • Feb 2003

awesome work.

Comment

• JWLaRue
                          Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
                          • Aug 1994

The additional details that you are adding are really adding to the overall build. Keep up the great work!

-Jeff
                          Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• drschmidt
                            • Jul 2014

Despite my initial intention to build the kit as is, I keep on adding details and modify the interior. I completed the segment of the lower pressure hull. The first segment got ribbing with styrene T-profiles. The front segment was a bit of a battle. Bending 1 mm styrene sheet, getting everything in shape in three dimension.....but now it looks O.K.. The front segment ill get ribbing, too.

Undecided what to o with the push rod for the bow planes. The model has placed it in the center line, but know there is a keel plate. The original plans do not help either...I guess I'll route it behind the keel.

Here some details of the front section of the pressure hull floor and the ribbing:

Comment

• JWLaRue
                              Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
                              • Aug 1994

Don't forget to add lots of grease to those torpedo bodies. (We've all seen Das Boot!!!)

-Jeff
                              Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Working...
                              X