X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonel
    • Jan 2012

Type 212 drawings

Does anyone know where I might get scale hull drawings for a German type 212 sub?
    Thanks
    Jon
  • RanSan
    • Aug 2017

Asking the same question 5 years later? Or are there Type 214 plans out there?

Comment

• mike dory
      SubCommittee Member
      • Feb 2004

Drawing for the 214 might be more then just channeling to get, From the photo's I've seen, the boat comes in many different configerations. Some have X tails others have the cross tail, the bowplanes are or can be mounted either on the bow or on the sail. even the length changes depending on the customer wishes for a divers hatch, missiles or extra fuel. Germany seems to be able to make them any way you would like. For the right price.

Comment

• RanSan
        • Aug 2017

I would take any plans to get started. I may have found a guy in Poland at Modelarstwo Okretowe Magazine that can help. Patiently waiting for the magazine to arrive. I'm surprised with as many RC subs of the 212A I see in pictures and video there is no good plans available.

Comment

• scott t
          • Feb 2003

You could buy one of the models and use a contour/profile gauge to copy the lines off the hull.
          Then enlarge on a copy machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	profilabtaster2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	130690

Comment

• scott t
            • Feb 2003

Steve Neill did a 212 documented in Subs for dummies. Link included and can be found on Subcommittee Home page.
            He had drawings from somewhere.

Comment

• RanSan
              • Aug 2017

Thanks Scott, I have read his book a couple times he did a really good job. Based on my search for the elusive plans I think the ones he used are the from Modelarstwo Okretowe Magazine. I am checking my mail box daily hoping they arrive sometime this year
              The contour gauge is a good idea. I plan to model a 212A and have the Revell model he in his pictures. I worked on a prototype of the PEM fuel cell powerplant they were looking at to use in the real sub. They ended up going with a different manufacturer but I still have a connection to it.

Thanks
              Randy

Comment

• RanSan
                • Aug 2017

MODELARSTWO OKRETOWE - issue 44
                very good plans

Comment

Working...
                X