X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warpatroller
    • Feb 2006

1982 Vintage RC U-Boat Super 8 Movies

I came across these two videos on youtube recently. The poster is in Germany and said he scratch built this VIIC/41 in 1982. Shot the films on Super 8 and just last year transferred them to video. I've been looking at RC sub videos online for over 3 years now and these are the first ones I've ever seen that were actually shot on film instead of video. This was possibly around the same time that 32nd Parallel first released their VIIC..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/aLgBJpKSj98&feature=channel_page[/youtube][/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/NphmFb83gJg&feature=channel_page[/youtube]
  • junglelord
    • Jan 2009

That was a refreshing blast

That was a refreshing blast from the past.

Almost all videos I see have either pool conditions or very calm lake conditions. That was a refreshing change.

It was nice to see the boat in swells.
    The beauty of our hobby is we can actually go out in very drastic weather and still have fun. After all a surface boat or RC plane have weather condition limits. RC Subs should be almost impervious to weather....
    Correct? Hurricanes exempt from such notions.

I live on the St. Lawrence River and that is common swells and should be fun with my Robbe SeaWolf which weighs five pounds...I cannot not wait for this summer...my first with anything bigger then a Walley Submarine.

Comment

• warpatroller
      • Feb 2006

I think your right, haven't

I think your right, haven't seen many videos of the subs in rough water. I have a Walley boat also, and during a visit to a local lake a storm starting brewing. The sky was darkening and the wind was really picking up! It was fun to see the little 13.75" long boat crashing through the waves. Given the size of the boat, it was like being in the Atlantic during a storm

Comment

Working...
      X