X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corsaire
    • Mar 2003

Dive Planes Servo Jitters

Another issue with my Akula is dive planes servo jittering, big time - This was happening even after setting up everything correctly, the battery charge was just below full, transmitter was fully charged, transmitter turned on first, then followed by the receiver. (see video attached) No idea what could be causing it. And the magnet connector get disconnected easily and won't hold the linkage to the planes as seen in the short video, I might go for ball links or clevises instead later.

Any ideas as to what's going on and how to solve this? Thanks

Servo jittering

Re: Dive Planes Servo Jitters

Lots of things could be causing that, bad servo, bad leveller, dodgy receiver channel, bad power supply, bad wiring.

I would start with a process of elimination. Take the tray out of the module and disconnect the servo and leveller, plug the servo in directly to the receiver channel and power up, still getting the jitters?

If so, try plugging another known good servo into the same channel, if that doesn't jitter, it's your servo at fault, check to see you haven't got any duff wiring on the bad servo. If everything looks okay, then the servo is now one for the spares box.

If the servo doesn't jitter when plugged directly into the receiver, then I would suspect the leveller. Try plugging it into another channel and connecting a different servo. if it jitters then you have a faulty leveller or faulty wiring leading to the leveller.

If none of these things work, then I would check the power supply for the receiver bus.

Comment

• salmon
      Treasurer
      • Jul 2011

Andy's suggestions are solid. After adding components one by one until the jitter starts May help to eliminate the source. I have also had to replace receivers and ESCs too. It may be frustrating, but you will get it. I am dealing with this on my larger Skipjack. Last year it ran fine now it is bouncing all over the place. The biggest variable is I moved and it is possible I am getting interference.

Regular magnets can lose their strength when bumped or receive frequent impact, not sure if it is the same for rare earth. However, looking at the video it appears the servo travel is exceeding the plane travel, at which case, the magnets are doing what they are supposed to. If that is not the case, and I have had that happen, I made my own version of David's connector.

Peace,
      Tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• bwi
        SubCommittee Member
        • Jun 2013

Andy's suggestions are solid. After adding components one by one until the jitter starts May help to eliminate the source. I have also had to replace receivers and ESCs too. It may be frustrating, but you will get it. I am dealing with this on my larger Skipjack. Last year it ran fine now it is bouncing all over the place. The biggest variable is I moved and it is possible I am getting interference.

Regular magnets can lose their strength when bumped or receive frequent impact, not sure if it is the same for rare earth. However, looking at the video it appears the servo travel is exceeding the plane travel, at which case, the magnets are doing what they are supposed to. If that is not the case, and I have had that happen, I made my own version of David's connector.

Peace,
        Tom
        Thks Tom.....THAT IS GREAT STUFF you came up with......I will certainly aply this in my sub. When I arrive to that stage I will be knocking on your door.

Grtz,
        bart
        Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
        "Samuel Smiles"
        http://scale-submarine.com/index.html

Comment

Working...
        X