X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southern or
    • May 2014

Bad news, and a Romeo?

I'm really mad about this, but the OSCAR will have to wait until my bursitis clears up. I didn't even know what bursitis was until Wednesday, but apparently it's that horrific pain in my shoulder that comes and goes and sometimes numbs part of my arm and 2 fingers. I'm currently on body work on it and I just can't do it until this gets better.

While I'm on the mend, I've been thinking (without much success) about taking my Trumpeter/Russian labeled 1/144 Romeo kits and making one functional. I have a lot of micro sub parts and several different sized tubes that could work, but I can't seem to find anyone who's done this yet. So far I have 2 almost correct props and a NorthStarModels' brass kit on it's way. Any ideas on how this could work?

Thanks, JP
  • southern or
    • May 2014

Re: Bad news, and a Romeo?

I'm well into my first kit. The Trumpeter kit sucks. It fits together just fine, but it's like no one measured port to measure up with starboard.

Does anyone make a 1/144 fat, cheese addicted, despot dictator? Also, what color is NK's anti-camouflage blue or green?

Comment

• Ralph --- SSBN 598
      • Oct 2012

North Korean sub out for a day run.

What color is it? sun faded emerald green. Just a guess.

Comment

• southern or
        • May 2014

Re: Bad news, and a Kilo (sub)

I built the Romeo, but couldn't find a way to R/C it. I've instead built Trumpeter's Kilo. I need a battery to fit into the tube, and a Futaba receiver that is 1/3 the size of the ones I have. No bow planes because my WTC only has 2 servos and my prop is tiny. I'm pretty sure the boat will do well, in a straight line. The rudder, aft dive planes, and screw are um, scale. My wife wanted it so I built it in my spare time (mostly from 12am-5am). She keeps shooting down my naming ideas. "In Like Ike, Tricky Dick, Show me your O, Puddles, Beaver Believer (she was raised as an Oregon fan so that went over VERY poorly)," and because she's 3rd gen American Italian/German- "Mussolini, Dönitz, and Kaiserliche Marine" haven't gone over well.

She's very supportive. She looks forward to it "sinking." I wish her luck in painting a fully assembled boat.

Almost forgot, a 1/96 OSCAR makes a 1/144 Kilo look like a DSRV.

Comment

• southern or
          • May 2014

Some photos. Still working on controls and glad I'm not painting it.

Comment

Working...
          X