• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

Conversion of Total Immersions Nautilus to R/C

Finished!

The soft, white resin that Lee uses drives me crazy, and made this a very challenging build. The fitment is not remotely what I was hoping for, but for an R/C model, which will typically be viewed from 10+ feet away, it is just fine! Of course, having to work with a very badly started static build didn't help matters either...

As the model is quite heavy, there is not a lot of freeboard in full surfaced trim, but definitely enough to make it look good. I am particularly impressed with the gimbaled prop assembly. Pitch control is very good. Rudder response is actually far better than I'd anticipated through the use of a clear plastic insert. For anyone with a Nautilus model, I highly recommend this modification, which should take mere minutes to perform and results in an enormous improvement in steering response. I would estimate that it brought this particular model from a 12' turning diameter to a 5' turning diameter!

Enjoy the video and photos!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/C1vUEmY1vSE[/youtube]

The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com
  • scott t
    • Feb 2003

Great job.

Scott

Great job.

Scott

Comment

Working...
    X