X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markc
    • Mar 2005

Revell  type VII

Could anybody advise on drilling the deck to aid diving?
    All the photos that I have see to date dont seem to have any Im worried about trapped air bubbles.
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Could anybody advise on drilling

Could anybody advise on drilling the deck to aid diving?
    All the photos that I have see to date dont seem to have any Im worried about trapped air bubbles.
    If you're using the plastic deck, I would suggest thinning the deck from the underside with a burr or cutting tool on a slow speed, in a rotary tool, like a Dremel. Do this over areas where you want to poke through, not the whole underside.
    Then cut slots with a sharp #11 X-acto over the thineed areas. Since it's a flat deck, there's no "high" spot, like on a nuke, so I would open some up in the bow, center area around the tower, and the stern. If you have any openings into the tower where water could collect and stay, you may want to open the hatches or slots on the tower floor ad wintergarden floor as well.

That all may be overkill, but I've had air trapped on some boats that caused uneven dives or surfacing.

Comment

• markc
      • Mar 2005

Thanks for the advice after

Thanks for the advice after thinning the deck the holes were opened up very easy.

Comment

• bigdave
        • Feb 2003

Hi Mark,
        Opening up the

Hi Mark,
        Opening up the holes in the deck would improve the looks of the model, but I have never had a problem with trapped air in mine. The deck is not sealed to the hull so it does not get trapped. I do have vent holes under the and in the top of the tower. Dave.
        sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
        "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

Working...
        X