• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boatbuilder1
    • Mar 2003

new krick type Vllb - kit contents

I received my kit yesterday thanks ward
    I have to say it is much smaller than I thought probably due to all the robbe kits I build. it arrived with a hole in the outer and inner box postal monkeys!
    lots of stuff in there but the box weighs less than20 pounds
    the hull is vacmolded in half split down the middle vertivcally from bow to stern,the decks are quite dissapointing they ment well but fell well short of the goal they are vacmolded very thin styrene and all those flood holes need to be cut open or drilled with a .001 bit yuck cut them open and sand off the excess off the back much easyer
    the tower and acompaning parts are all vac molded turdy even more so than the robbe stuff nice.the boat has a vacmolded ballast tank that sits on top of the pressure hull .
    the latter being quite roomy if you think through your arrangment of gear and toss out the plan inlcuded with the kit
    they suggest only 2 servos ,1 for bow planes ,1 for rudder WHAT NO STERN PLANES? there is room in there if you use mini servos or one small gell cell and not the 2 nicad packs suggested ouch no run time at all and talk about heat WOW
    making the stern planes operational will be a challenge but definately doable. there are lots of cast metal deck fittings nicely done and all the linkage,control arms etc,etc
    the hull has some strange flood pattern holes on the sides I am unaware of these on any plan or print of the original so these will be filled over
    over all impresion is good its a nice small boat that can travel with you it might even fit in an overhead on the plane
    I give it 3 and a half stars out of 5
    ca check my site next week for pics

Edited By boatbuilder1 on 1047744673
  • smwarships
    • Feb 2003

How much does Krick charge

How much does Krick charge for this type VII sub ?
    From your outline that you posted , it sure does not
    sound like anything to invest in ??
    What is your website address so I can check out the
    photos of this sub ??

Darle Bennett

Scale Model WarShips

Comment

• boatbuilder1
      • Mar 2003

399.99 is the cost at

399.99 is the cost at loyalhanna

no pics yet though I was out of town for funneral look for them late this week

Comment

• boatbuilder1
        • Mar 2003

have pics in now if

have pics in now if anyone wants to see them send and email

andrsnhaus@earthlink.net

Comment

Working...
        X