• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymous
    • May 2024

Hi-Res photos of Disney's Nautilus.

To all Nautilus Fans,

I was cleaning up some of my photo archives from previous years which included a family trip to Disney World. I managed to bargin with the family and get a few minutes so I could go and take some photos of the 11 foot Nautilus from the movie that is housed in the entryway of the Living Seas exhibit in Epcot.

Now I know this model has been photographed countless times and their are several photos already on the SubCommittee site, but I thought some may enjoy some fairly high-resolution photos of her. I took all the photos with a 5 mega-pixel camera and have left them in their original 2560-1920 pixel size. The photos have been slightly compressed to reduce the file size from roughly 2 MB down to 750 KB each and still they take up 25MB. I put them out on one of my sites as I figured those on dial-up would not appreciate them linked in here.

I'll keep them out there for awhile, but you may want to download them at some point as I will likely remove them later this year. You can do as you please with them as long as you're not selling them.

Many may be shocked at some of the crudeness of the model upon close inspection but that's how it goes in Hollywood. I suspect William's will look quite a bit nicer up close as well as the Custum Replica's unit. The back side is in pretty poor condition. I sure wish they would locate or install the original propeller!!

Photos located at Nautilus Photos

Enjoy,

Jerome
    Courtesy of www.SubRon6.com
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

Jerome,

I'm sure that I'm speaking

Jerome,

I'm sure that I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say a big thanks for the reference shots. In all of my research into the Nautilus, I never really took the time to collect reference shots of the original. This oversight is now rectified (thanks to you).
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• captain nemo
      • Mar 2003

Great pics, Jerome. Thanks for

Great pics, Jerome. Thanks for sharing.

But HEY! Disney!! Can we get someone in there to clean up that side that's closest to the wall before it rots away? Shame!

Pat

Comment

Working...
      X