• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thierryc
    • Feb 2003

Basics with CO2 - Need help with Co2 system

Hello

I might be using a CO2 system for my sub, but I have never seen or used a system like that, is there somebody who could explain to me in detail the parts needed, pressures available, etc.....

Thanks
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

Hi Thierry,

A good person to

Hi Thierry,

A good person to contact would be our very own Membership Chairman, Jim Butt. He has been running CO2 in his 1/48th scale fleetboat for many years.

In case he doesn't see this, Jim can be contacted at Membership@subcommittee.com

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• bigdave
      • Feb 2003

Hi Thierry, I use CO2

[color=#000000]Hi Thierry, I use CO2 in my Nautilus. The heart of my system is a regulator I purschased from Mike Shubar. If you start at the high pressure end I have a paint ball 4 ounce CO2 cylinder. These only cost me $1 to fill and last a long time. I connected the cylinder to a universal fill adapter. You can get this at your paint ball supply store. It screws on to the cylinder and my regulator is mounted to it. The regulator is connected to a clippard valve with small pressure hose. The output is about 30-40 PSI out of the regulator. The output from the valve is sent to the ballast tank with the same pressure hose. The valve is controlled by a Subtech SES2 electronic switch. In my system I also use a second clippard valve to control a spring loaded piston to vent the tank. I will send you some pictures of my system. I have no way to post them or I would include them now. I have used this system for 4 years now with no problems. I hope this helps. ]
      sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
      "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

Working...
      X