Pictures of Albacore model subs - pics of interior anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of Albacore model subs - pics of interior anyone?

Hi,

Just started work on a SubTech Albacore a couple days ago...

The instructions are pretty vague, and many of the tasks that are called for are out of order, along with the pictures.

Can someone send me pictures of their Albacore, along with a whole bunch of pics of the water tight (electronics) cylinder?

Thanks

Has No one built an

Has No one built an Albacore BEFORE??

Comment

• Antoine
      • Feb 2003

Hello

I built an Albacore 2

Hello

I built an Albacore 2 years ago. It is sold now. Unfortunatly I didnt take any pics during the construction, but feel free to email me , I would be glad to help you if I can.

HEY GUYS , I AM SURE YOU HAVE SOME INTERNALS PICS SOMEWHERE !!!!!

Antoine.
      http://forum-rc-warships.xooit.eu/index.php

Comment

I built a Albacore in

I built a Albacore in 2001 and rebuilt it again in the winter of 2002 only to loose it in a Duck Pond on her maiden voyage after her refit. Thierry Cervetti helped me do the rebuild and improve on quite a few areas. The good new is I have lots of Photos of the original and refit build. I can email these to you if you like or it may be easier to do a transfer using msn. I'm on msn as bdolomount@hotmail.com my email is bdolomou@uoguelph.ca. FYI after much searching I have deduced that the loss of my sub was not a true sinking as Thierry and I had tested the refit in a pool with no troubles, but rather a loss due to enviromental conditions. The pond she was lost in is basiccally a duck pond, approx. 6 ft deep but down 4 feet is a crust of decay matter over about 2 feet of further decaying stuff. I think on dive to evade a oncoming sailboat I dove a untested sub at full throttle which caused the albacore to pucnh a hole throught the crust and eventually come to rest downstream of the hole she created in this crust and the boyancy of the sub even with the failsafe charge of propel can't break her throught this crust. So until i basiccally almost walk on her she is stuck in the junk.
        So my hard learned advise is this, know the water your diving in and adjust operations to match conditions. And a failsafe is good but two are better. If I had some sort of pinger or blinking light on the sub the divers might have heard or saw her and retreived her. Also until your confident in your new sub and local waters make sure to have a visible paint job. My albacore was Flat Black with no high visibilty markings even so underwater in murky water she is well hidden.

Brad

Comment

• boatbuilder1
          • Mar 2003

I am on my fith

I am on my fith albacore now (buildgin for customers ) I can talk you through just about anything
          andrnshaus@earthlink.net
          no pics scanned in yet but my advise is take you time and continually move the items around in the pressure hull until your satisfied its fits right and is balacnced good
          it takes me about twice to get this done an everyone I have done
          try to get all wires and connectors under the bulkheads you will need some servo extensions and for your first month or so make it a visisble paint scheme
          light grey with orange nose is good and a few oragne ovals on the deck to aid visibility
          ca

Comment

• robse
            • Mar 2003

To Brad]http://www.subcommittee.com/forum/icon_smile.gif

Yours Sincerely, Robert Holsting,

To Brad]http://www.subcommittee.com/forum/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Yours Sincerely, Robert Holsting, Denmark/Europe

Comment

• ron
              • Feb 2003

John,

I do not have any

John,

I do not have any pictures that I can forward, but if you have questions I would be more than happy to help. I built an Albacore last year and am very pleased with its performance. I
              would suggest you follow the instructions though. Skip has them set up that way for a reason, especially if this your first sub. Also do not hesitate to call skip if you are really stuck. He was really great in helping me over some questions I had as a first time rc sub builder.

Ron

Comment

thanks

i called skip, and he

thanks

i called skip, and he told me that he sent the wrong instructions...

in the instructions that he sent, they never said that the ballast tank had to be propped up on a ballast tank base, so I just drilled holes in the bottom of the ballast tank by eye... which screwed me up a lot(but skip is sending new instriuctions + a finished ballast system for free)

back on schedule as of today

thanks for the posts everyone

john petrucelli

Comment

Working...
                X