X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymous
    • May 2024

what do you use for clevises

Hi guys, I just wanted to know what all you are using for clevises to attach control rods to servos. I am using 1/8" rod, and all the clevises I have are for either 2/56 or 4/40 threads. These do not go on to the 1/8th inch rod. Sure am open to suggestions. TIA c.j.g.

]

[color=#0000FF]]

Comment

• britt boyette
      • Feb 2003

If you do this tip

If you do this tip with the tubing that Art is talking about, remember to drill a small vent hole in your tubing at the mid point. Otherwise, the heat and gases generated by the torch will make it difficult to hold all the work together. It becomes a small hydrolic piston.

Edited By Britt Boyette on 1046964118

Comment

Thanks for the two tips

Thanks for the two tips on the clevises. My mind just does not work at times. c.j.g.

Comment

• u-boater
          • Feb 2003

Hello Carlos, Another method is

Hello Carlos, Another method is not to use a clevis period. It is possible to use a cycle spoke. The tit end goes thru the nylon servo arm ( sometimes this takes a little heat if the hole in the servo arm is to small) the spoke is cut to the desired length and the other end is held to the pushrod with a brass collar. The brass collar can be taken out of a domestic electrical connector. You end up with an adjustable in length pushrod. this method is cheap and reliable.hope this idea helps.........regards u-boater

Comment

Working...
          X