X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferdelance
    • Feb 2004

federation models nautilus

While shopping for a nautilus I found this one. I'm curious, has anyone out there ordered a 31" Nautilus from this outfit?
    If so what is your opinion of the service, model quality, etc.

Federation Models is proud to distribute some of the finest quality, easy to assemble, detailed resin kits available today. We invite to browse thru our online catalog and if you find something you like, please go to our ordering page and let us know.

Click on model kits and then miscellaneous models to view it.

I am looking for a kit this size does anyone know of any others besides the TI and Comet kits?

Lance

Hi,

The pictures show an Icons

Hi,

The pictures show an Icons Nautilus, as modelled by Scott Brodeen.

I don't know if it's a knock off, or if it is being cast with his permission.

I have a casting of an Icons Nautilus, that was very well rendered. It wasn't from the outfit you describe, so I can't speak for them, however the Icons Nautilus is a lovely rendition when suitably cast and builds into a super model.

One note, there are no hull plating lines on this model- just rivets. At this scale the omission is barely noticable , however.

Andy

Comment

• modelnut
      • May 2003

Heelo Lance!

I have dealt with

Heelo Lance!

I have dealt with Federation Models many times before. They are a dealer and not a manufacturer of models. And I am positive that they wouldn't offer recasts - at least knowingly. They probably have that kit in their files as being available from one of their suppliers and may not have updated in a while.
      Email them about any questions that you have. They are very friendly to enquiries.

-Leelan

Comment

• work man
        • Apr 2003

I would like to help

[color=#000000]I would like to help you out here, but I am not sure if this any help
        This looks like the kit that Sci-Fi-Matters used to sell in that price
        range. I have built this model, and the quality is very good, and very easy to assemble. I made some modifications to this kit, for
        my own reasons. Contact Jim Key at Custom Replicas, he knows
        more about this model than I do. Workman ]

Comment

• novagator
          SubCommittee Member
          • Aug 2003

I have that same model

I have that same model from SciFi matters when they use to sell it 3 years ago. The completed model sits on my fireplace mantle. Its a very nice model and I highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
          X