• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wbnemo1
    • Feb 2003

Seven foot Nautilus update and pics

Hi all,
    just wanted to show you what the wooden Nautilus master looked like shortly before getting covered with rtv
    Ohh and good luck Bob on your 2nd try of casting your sub,hope it comes out the way you want it to..

Edited By Wbnemo1 on 1045984998
  • wbnemo1
    • Feb 2003

here's a close view of

here's a close view of the rear area where the skiff is keep in mind that the rivet pattern is as per the 11 footer...

Edited By Wbnemo1 on 1045984928

Comment

• wbnemo1
      • Feb 2003

here's an overall view of

here's an overall view of the back end]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nautilusfans/files/7%20ft%20Nautilus%20progress%20photos/mstrtop6s.jpg[/img]

Comment

• wbnemo1
        • Feb 2003

here's a photo of the

here's a photo of the bottom of the Nautilus..

Edited By Wbnemo1 on 1045984877

Comment

• wbnemo1
          • Feb 2003

another view of the bottom

another view of the bottom bow area.

Edited By Wbnemo1 on 1045984822

Comment

• wbnemo1
            • Feb 2003

here is a photo of

here is a photo of the top front and side keels.

Edited By Wbnemo1 on 1045985560

Comment

• wbnemo1
              • Feb 2003

this photo is a closer

this photo is a closer view from the foward trim plane area back to just the beginning of the salon housing. It highlights the side rakers and top deck as well as the scupper apron..

Edited By Wbnemo1 on 1045984773

Comment

• wbnemo1
                • Feb 2003

Hello everyone,
                I hope everyone likes

Hello everyone,
                I hope everyone likes the photos,she's been a long standing project,finally getting close to finish. Again,I can't express it enough,thanks to the kind assistance I have had from my dear friend and in my opinion, "Mister D.Nautilus" himself,Rich Allsmiller......thanks again for all you help in our combined research,reference,and your scratchbuilding talents for alot of the parts.

I also would like to thank mister Tommy Roby for his kind assitance in making the pattern for the spiral speed indicator as per my drawings,a beautiful piece of detail.Thanks Tommy.
                Sincerely,
                William

Comment

I will look forward to

I will look forward to seeing how the castings turn out, William!

Regards

Andy

Comment

• scott t
                    • Feb 2003

Mr. William you have a

Mr. William you have a excelent Nautilus in progress. As I was looking at your pictures I was wondering how you will add plate line detail? Do you intend to scribe in the lines?

Another question is about your rivet patterns. I've heard you have drawings of your rivet patterns and wondered if in the future you might make those available to others who have not been able to study the disney models as closely?

Thanks for the inspiring pictures.
                    Scott

Comment

• wbnemo1
                      • Feb 2003

Hi there Scott,
                      At this point

Hi there Scott,
                      At this point I won't be adding panels... the rivets for the most part are the old rivets and some too close to put panels on,plus the fact the Nautilus is in RTV now,so it's too late.This master pattern collectively is almost 20 years old,but i reworked it the best i could revising all the areas that called for attention...something to be noted in case you haven't figured it out yet. This model is the first of it's kind to feature the correct rakers and hieght and shape to the nose area including he raker arch. It also will feature the "primo"wheelhouse with all correct angles as made by myself and Rich Allsmiller.This is an area that is grossly inaccurate on the D. Nautilus plans.With these changes among others you will see a change to the overall sleekness of the Nautilus.with a lower raker arch and wheelhouse as per the 11 foot miniature.the Nautilus will be sleeker than in the past models...this is a first,and very exquisite to behold...then of course there are th rakers.I stated in the past,that these are the character of the Nautilus,and now once you look at them you just know they are right,and it really makes the Nautilus that more beautiful and awe inspiring.
                      William

Comment

Working...
                      X