X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eckloss
    • Nov 2003

Trumpeter 1:200 Titanic

Is it because it's really that big, or that I'm really just that short? Probably a bit of both.

Anyways, it's a stunningly beautiful kit. Trumpeter delayed release several times over the course of almost a year while they had the kit critiqued by Titanic historians and corrections were made. There are still a few minor imperfections, but only something a true rivet counter would notice (and there are thousands of rivets on this baby).

I do plan to RC this. There is already a conversion kit out for it. There is also an upgrade kit that contains 7 more frets of photo etch and wood decks. The model is also made to be lit with amber LEDs, which are included. I'll add smokers to the stacks and possibly a sound board to represent ship whistles.

But that all is a good ways off. I figure It'll be done two to three years from now.

erich

• eckloss
    • Nov 2003

A few extra detail parts and r/c materials for the 1:200 Titanic

Comment

• bob_eissler
      SubCommittee Member
      • Aug 2005

Nice, the conversion kits seem to be selling out fast.

Comment

• cheapsub
        • Feb 2011

You posted a Titanic in a RC submarine website.
        I very sorry, will you be putting a miss managed buoyancy system in it, it has room.
        I apologize, I am a sick puppy. Too many years behind the subcommittee table at WRAM show.

Comment

• eckloss
          • Nov 2003

This part of the forum is for surface boats (targets)

Comment

• salmon
            Treasurer
            • Jul 2011

That could be cool with a WTC in it that would allow the ship to sink.......Naw, this model is TOO nice to do that to. Right?
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• subdude
              Official Peon
              • Feb 2003

Ah yes, the memories of Big Dave and the sinking oil tanker...... ;-)
              SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• cheapsub
                • Feb 2011

Come guys, let's go back to rc sub, ok.
                Based on what's going on in china, it may be the last Bach that come over to us. No more after this.The price with goes way up from now on.
                Guys, you pick one up when still can, you build it the way you want.
                Nice, nice ok. No more.
                Please keep posting your buld, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X