• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KevinMC
    SubCommittee Member
    • Sep 2005

Wow, lucky time for me to check in!

As Jim said, I'm in Hamilton but I work in Burlington. I'm happy to lend some guidance if I can. I'll shoot you a PM with my email address.

Kevin McLeod
    (...cuz I like it when it's spelled that way. )
    Kevin McLeod - OSCAR II driver
    KMc Designs

Comment

• subdude
      Official Peon
      • Feb 2003

(...cuz I like it when it's spelled that way. )

Sorry buddy, no offence meant. My bad.

Missed you at the 8 ball picnic!
      SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• KevinMC
        SubCommittee Member
        • Sep 2005

No offense taken, Jim!

I definitely missed being there too. And I dare say it was a lot less muddy than what I was going through!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	190914TM2_1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	133729

KMc
        Kevin McLeod - OSCAR II driver
        KMc Designs

Comment

• Joe D
          SubCommittee Member
          • Oct 2017

The Vex radio is a 6 channel radio and it doesn’t have proportional switch. You will need either channel 5 or 6 to control the ballast. if you use the optional Hall Sensor control for ballast option than you will need the Step Server Controller to allow up to 5 positions for ballast control. I have built 3 Engel boats and have used the Hall Sensor. Look at Bobs videos on the Step Server Controller.

Hall Sensor for Compact Tank Switch CTS2.2, upgrade set - Hallsensor for upgrading Compact Tank Switch CTS2.2 featuring proportional trim. PLEASE NOTE: Model submarines type 212 and LAFAYETTE do no lo

Comment

• Joe D
            SubCommittee Member
            • Oct 2017

You mentioned that you have esc’s, servo’s, etc. If you decide to purchase the Set it will contain everything you need except the receiver. I have only purchased the complete kits when ordering from Engel. It’s proven to be a big time saver and takes the guess work out of selecting parts. I have used the included NIMH batteries in all three Engel boats and never had a problem with run time. Just giving you my experience in engel boats.

Comment

Working...
            X