• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secrtwpn1
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

Flexing servo tray

I noted in my 2.5" Subdriver that my servo tray is flexing when the servos for the rudder and diving planes are operating. It appears I need to put in some type of support. Any suggestions???????

Thx
    Farlan
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

Farlan,

First thing I suggest doing is to figure out why the tray is flexing. Is it because the servo is pushing against some resistance? (e.g.: rudder or dive plane at it's maximum deflection) Or does the tray flex even with the smallest amount of servo movement? Also, do you see the flexing if the servo is disconnected from the pushrod?

If you do need a support, you should be able to add a brace at the end of the servo tray that sits on the lower, inside of the dive module tube.

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• secrtwpn1
      SubCommittee Member
      • Feb 2003

i will check the resistance when I get home. Thx! Never that about that!

Comment

• bob_eissler
        SubCommittee Member
        • Aug 2005

Make sure the linkage is not binding going thru the seal at the back bulkhead. It needs a very straight shot going thru there and the servo arm changes the angle of the rod some as it rotates.

Comment

• bob the builder
          Former SC President
          • Feb 2003

As they said above, check the binding. Servos are torquey little buggers, and they can overcome a lot of resistance without you knowing it. The linkages should travel through the entire distance of travel with no binding for proper operation.

Bob
          The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

Working...
          X