Revell 1:144 U-Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revell 1:144 U-Boat

Hello and thank you for reading this my first post !
    I have made an account simply out of curiosity as i require some professional assistance from people who know what they are on about.

I have recently purchased a Revell 1:144 type VIIC/41 U-Boat
    My question is, what hardware should i require to make this a surface runner?
    Props,shafts,motors,speed controller, couplings.
    modification of the dual rudders to be driven by a micro servo?
    Any help on sizes and motors would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm on a budget so cheap as possible suggestions are what I'm heading toward due to money problems.

I also own a tamiya bismark 1:350 which i would also love to get on the water but the sub is my main project right now as my ship is built so would need some modification.

If I'm successful on both then i will move onto a 1:72 U-Boat that i would Love to base on my local u-boat U-534

Thank you very kindle for any help on this project
    ive hunted high and low for any pictures of just something to show me what ill be needing but im at a loss tbh.
  • bob the builder
    Former SC President
    • Feb 2003

I think the biggest challenge is your watertight compartment. A bit of plastic tubing with endcaps should work nicely, sealed with a bit of grease (should be fine for surface running). A few more things I can think of:

-micro servo for rudder
    -two small electric motors (ideally with 1/16" shafts)
    -1/16" seals x3
    -1/16" brass rod
    -micro ESC
    -micro receiver
    -850mAh LiPo
    -LiPo balance charger
    -4 channel radio system either on 72/75mhz or 2.4GHZ
    -self-adhesive wheel weights
    -closed-cell stryofoam
    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

Finally someone who can and will help ! thank you very much man ! what amp esc should i get then? recon micro motors would be best then? i didnt think id have to put them in a watertight tube if i was going to seal it all and have the top deck with a rubber seal and magnets to hold it down ?

Comment

would a 3A micro brushed ESC be ok with an 7.4v 850mah lipo powering 2 brushed DC3v-6v, 1.2-1.6amp motors, that is my dilemma you see the rest im ok with its just that part which conffuses me

Comment

Working...
        X