• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oldus Fartus
    • Jul 2016

Polks Tracker II & III

Did these come in 75 MHZ?
    If not can they be converted (I think they are both synthesized)?
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

Yes the Tracker III did come in 75MHz. Because of the synthesized crystal, they cannot be converted.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• JWLaRue
      Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
      • Aug 1994

..or perhaps it should be noted that as far as we know, only Polks Hobbies had the means to convert between 72MHz and 75MHz......

It would be excellent if there was someone else who could do the conversions.

-Jeff
      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• salmon
        Treasurer
        • Jul 2011

Better said, thank you Jeff!
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• JWLaRue
          Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
          • Aug 1994

I keep hoping that someone will see these kinds of posts and step forward with a solution....

-Jeff
          Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• crazy ivan
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2003

While this won't help the submariners, the Polk Trackers CAN be easily and inexpensively be converted to 2.4 gHz. They make a great transmitter for guys who also run targets. (Come on, admit it. You know who you are!) I did this to my 75 mHz Tracker so I can run my surface fleet in mixed company without interfering with the crowded submarine frequency channels. When I want to go back to running my subs, it easily switches back to the 75 mHz band. I expect the 72 mHz units can likewise be converted for surface use, and you end up with a radio that can store 99 different models. There has to be a lot of them out there that the fly guys would be happy to get rid of cheap.
            sigpic
            "There are the assassins, the dealers in death. I am the Avenger!" - Captain Nemo

-George Protchenko

Comment

I don't know the score with Polk sets, but many synth sets are a bit of a pain for third party tuners, as they are often locked with manufacturers codes. Unless these codes have been made available to outside service centres by the manufacturer, then it's not feasible to have the set adjusted by anyone outside of the company.

Comment

Working...
              X