Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long 40 MHz antenna extension cable for underwater FPV

Hi there,

for my orange Seawolf I am currently looking for kind of "RC range extender" (sub is pulling a small floating platform by a thin 15 m cable, so that it may also operate in shallow sweet waters when the distance to shore is about 100 m or 200 m). This platform will carry an original 40 MHz antenna.

Has anyone done this before ?

Reason behind is underwater "FPV". A video camera within a watertight housing at the sub's front section will transmit its 1 Vss video signal via a thin coax cable to a 5,8 GHz video transmitter which is operating on the above platform as well.

The operater at shore may then direct his sub via real time goggle video signal.

Thanks for any hint !

Cheers

Volker
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

Volker,

The folks who make the Seawolf (Thunder Tiger) offer what may be exactly what you are asking about. There are a couple of variants, here's the virtual reality one:

Assuming that you already have the R/C submarine itself, it looks like you can buy the necessary additional parts for the VR capability.

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Hi Jeff,

unfortunately not; TTROBOTIX i soffering a cable-bound transmitter (no RC version) for their FPV activities.

You can see the cable at the transmitter in the image of that link you sent me.

I guess that my project is a bit more complex and therefore not that suitable for their (mass ?) production line.

Yes, I have the sub already here, but I will swap the RC equipment with an older 40 MHz system (MULTIPLEX 3000) that I used for flying gliders in the past (better quality).

Cheers

Volker

Comment

• JWLaRue
        Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
        • Aug 1994

Ahhh...I had thought that I heard that the new Seawolf would have a floating buoy antenna that would allow wireless to the operator. It sounds like it's not a lot different from the original tethered product.

-Jeff
        Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Working...
        X