Troubleshooting a bubble (bubbles) trapped in Ballast Tank after Fully Valve Venting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salmon
    Treasurer
    • Jul 2011

Have you contacted David Merriman to get a replacement?
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• corsaire
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by salmon View Post
      Have you contacted David Merriman to get a replacement?
      I did, I got the replacement, it's the one in the pic with the brass tubing piece fitted into the hole, did you see the pics?
      The new pice works much, much better. But again the hole size is the new problem to solve I guess, short of improving the travel of the screw.

Comment

• salmon
        Treasurer
        • Jul 2011

Yes. Did you follow up with him on the issue? What did he say?
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• corsaire
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by salmon View Post
          Yes. Did you follow up with him on the issue? What did he say?
          I haven't. But I know he's always brain-stroming to improve things, he's been there and back I know that for a fact.

Comment

• corsaire
            • Mar 2003

Here's BTW a short clip of my Akula II (scale ships), under going sea trials at the local lake after final trimming. Main credits goes to Bob Martin aka "Bob the Builder" who pretty much made the sub to where it is today and the way it looks. I just gave it the final touches after installing a heavier battery and foam trimming it to where it is now. It dives wonderfully. I just hope to "perfect" the vent valve system in a near future.

Comment

Working...
            X