X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nelix6030
    • Dec 2003

Paint schemes

So must we be right on with paint colors? I currently am finishing up a Subtech Albacore and find a traditional all black paint scheme a little boring. I was thinking of painting the bottom red, but saw some posts on other websites where people were talking down to the builder for not painting their model exactly like the original.

What are everyones thoughts...? Will I be made fun of for not painting my model exactly like the real Albacore?

Kyle
  • wlambing
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

Let's see.....

Your model, correct?

Let's see.....

Your model, correct? Paint it the way you want to. There are a lot of boats out there with some pretty unique paint jobs. Do what makes you happy.

B^)

Comment

• hakkikt
      • Jun 2006

My experience from static modeling

My experience from static modeling is that people who don't know the paint scheme for the original will still admire a well-painted model, but people who know their way about RL hardware will comment. Normally in a friendly and not derogatory way, but you will probably hear a few comments on every event you go to. Typical case: I have an old (~20y) Nichimo 1:200 Type IX submarine that (as per the instructions, and not knowing better) I painted red below the waterline. The paint job is well done, and I still like it, but I dont take it to exhibitions any more.

But then, I am a static modeler, and this stuff is supposed to look like the original... I have noticed that RC modelers (especially in aviation) have some pretty weird paint jobs and do get away with it without scorn from the community, as long as their stuff runs well.

Comment

• junglelord
        • Jan 2009

I painted a Seaview in

I painted a Seaview in Gold and my Robbe Seawolf in gold.
        I did it my way...Goldfinger.

Comment

Working...
        X