X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petn7
    • Jun 2003

Airbrush?

So I finally "finished" my Seafox submarine and it needs to be painted...eventually.

Any airbrush recommendations? I don't need fancy features and I am willing to go as low end as possible, but still maintain quality/durability. Do I need double action or is single action good enough for painting submarines?
  • hakkikt
    • Jun 2006

I don't see how you

I don't see how you will need a double-action airbrush if you keep to modern subs. You paint the underside, tape off the separation line, and paint the upper side.
    Double action is useful if you paint complicated mottle camo schemes, but even those are often either better painted by a paintbrush (U-Boat Mediterranean) or by masking the borders and airbrushing one colour at a time.

Comment

• petn7
      • Jun 2003

That's what I figured, thanks.

That's what I figured, thanks.

Comment

• fgroza
        • Jun 2005

A Pasche H single action

A Pasche H single action works fine. The VL is the dual action version. Parts are reasonable to buy and most hobby/craft stores carry them. Don't forget to get a compressor to go with the new airbrush. The can propel is expensive and does not keep even pressure while spraying.
        Frank

Comment

• ojm
          • Sep 2008

I have used a Dual-Action

I have used a Dual-Action Badger 100 for more than 20 reliable years.

Besides bending needles (I should've been more careful!), these are very low maintenance and highly recommended (If you have the cash).

Guy.

Comment

Working...
          X