X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogue Sub
    • Jul 2006

Air brushing

So Michaels is having a 50% off sale this past weekend and next weekend and i figured id go take the plunge and get a air brush at half off. I ended up getting a Badger 200 sh and some air-opaque pre mixed paints.

Heres the questions.
    1. Anyone know what i can use to clean out the air-opaque paint from the gun.
    2. What can you use to cut testors pains (laquer thinner or is there such thing as enamel thinner?)
    3. what are some of the good paints to use and what do you cut and clean them with.
    4. Im gonna try to weather my Akula so what are some good colors for that.

thanx for any input
  • seahorse
    SubCommittee Member
    • Mar 2005

Nuke,

1) > I would use

Nuke,

1) > I would use this paint to practice, if this is a pre-mix, usually a small amount of dish soap (a drop or two) would be enough to clean your air brush Tamiya makes a good thinner/cleaner solvent, they also make a nice acrylic paint and have a variety of colors. Might be a good choice for weathering, you will just have to put a coat or 2 of dull coat over your work.

2) > You want to use Testor's Air Brush Thinner, this will work with all of their enamal paints. They also carry the "Model Master" brand, same stuff but more expensive.

3) > I like the Model Master paint by Testors because they have a great range of colors, the paint is very durable. The mixing ratios are very simple and they are printed right on the can or bottle. You can use the Air Brush Thinner for cutting and cleanup. This stuff smells, so make sure you have a window open

Comment

• Rogue Sub
      • Jul 2006

Gracias

Gracias

Comment

Working...
      X