X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigdave
    • Feb 2003

Easy Air Filter - For Sanding

I just wanted to show that you do not have to spend a lot of money to build a useful tool. I needed a portable sanding booth I could set on my bench and collect the dust from sanding small parts. I just received a nice blower assembly from a fellow 8-baller and decided to build a cheap simple booth for it. I just used a cardboard box 12"x12"x8" some spare cardboard a few Popsicle sticks a cheap 12"x 24" house filter and some packing tape. The photos are kind of self-explanatory. The filter was cut in the center and reassembled as one 12"x12" filter just thicker. It sets up against some Popsicle sticks CA'd to the inside of the box. I used it today and it works great. I just sand the parts by the opening and in goes the sanding dust. Simple and cheap!! BD.

Edited By Bigdave on 1150758376
    sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
    "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K
  • raalst
    • Feb 2003

Thanks for the tip dave,

Thanks for the tip dave,

This comes in handy for fiberglass and epoxy dust !

Comment

• stark
      • Jul 2006

Funny but true, just had

Funny but true, just had my PC worked on at Best Buy BD, and those geek squad guys had just about the same setup to trap dust and debris from where they blow out the inside of the computers. The only differance is they had a two foot long or so box, and a normal box fan to do the trick. Went home and made one too ! Also works well as a spray booth, still get fumes, but hey you could rig it and pump it outside right. Heck have you seen the prices on thoses hobby booths ! Good one BD Brian

Edited By STARK on 1152404314

Comment

Working...
      X