• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robse
    • Mar 2003

Stabile and inexpensive stand: - Fits all subs

Hi fellow subbers.

If you, as I, need a stand that can endure water, and at the same time serve as a livingroom stand for your model, you might want this]http://www.robse.dk/pages/SSBN/Image/MyStand.jpg[/img]

The sub rests in the nylon straps which ensures that the hull is not damaged even if the hull is moved around a little during maintenance or repairs. The structure is build in aluminum, using standard pipes and plastic "crosses" in each corner. The straps are held in place by four plastic closures at the ends of the vertical beams.
    The length of the structure ensures a secure fix without the risk of the sub tipping or rolling while seated. The ends will stick out, leaving the hull visible to the spectator, not hidden behind some big and clumsy stand. The materials can be bought at your local hardware store, and are normally used to build tables etc.
    Take a closer look at http://hjem.get2net.dk/robse/SSBN/SSBN.htm for further details, and other hints.

Edited By Robse on 1078619055
  • raalst
    • Feb 2003

very nice website !
    maybe

very nice website !
    maybe you can add some pictures of actually
    making the tower ?
    I wondered what cask is ? can you describe it ?

Regards,
    Ronald van Aalst

Comment

• robse
      • Mar 2003

Hi Ronald.
      Thanks for your

Hi Ronald.
      Thanks for your kind words! ) It's fun doing the website as well as work progresses, and many more pictures are on it's way, but they are still in the camera. (Don't have digital yet..)
      Plan is that it'll end up being a "How to build a model" handbook, with tips and all, info, help and inspiration.

To your Q: "Cask" is this white stuff, like when you break an arm, and they put it in this white liquid stone, that hardens up shortly, and that your friends then draws pictures on.
      (The Danish word is "gips")

About the tower: Building my self is possible, but it takes for ever, so I'll skip'it this time. I have desided to buy the finished hull from ThorDesign later this summer, but I have the blue prints. Just drop me an eMail, and I'll send you the info if I can find it. robse@robse.dk

Edited By Robse on 1049448504

Comment

• robse
        • Mar 2003

Hi Ronald. (And others)

Ups.... A

[color=#0000FF]Hi Ronald. (And others)

Ups.... A very kind fellow subber just set me straight on this]

Comment

Working...
        X