X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • safrole
    • Aug 2003

Robbe Modifications - Posted some new ones

I posted info on a rotary servo install, spring mounted conning tower and periscopes, general deck mounting ideas, spring tensioned antenna cables and some other ideas.

There are also some construction ideas and a few photos relating to the new VIIC conversion kit.

http://www.modelbrass.com/U47Modifications.htm

Great stuff!

Have you considered selling

Great stuff!

Have you considered selling maybe just the conning tower pieces for those who wish to retain the standard deck, or already have another brass deck?

Andy

Comment

• safrole
      • Aug 2003

Yes I've thought about that

Yes I've thought about that and realize it's only fair to offer it separately. Since the set is in both .010 and .020 brass, I already have to run bulk sets of the .010 parts. I'll set up a bulk run of only conning tower floors. Then I can mix/match and include a casting to make a tower-only upgrade kit.

I copied this reply over to the "New Product Ann." forum as well.

Comment

Also consider selling direct to

Also consider selling direct to other countries.

I tried to purchase one of your deck sets from Pandan, and was unsuccessful. I gave up in the end and purchased a S/H deck from a Sub Com member.

Andy

Comment

• safrole
          • Aug 2003

Yeah I saw you picked

Yeah I saw you picked up those from Nick. You'd be a good candidate for a tower upgrade as long as you're doing such work anyway, and I don't think you got a tower floor at all with your set.

I do sell direct to other countries, more often than to the US, but I've avoided setting up a shopping cart for the Robbe upgrade because I retail them for less than Pandan and Dream-Arts, and I don't charge for shipping. I don't want to compete with them, but if I'm missing sales in general I guess it's the only thing to do.

I don't suppose you're flying over for the regatta, but I'll offer some 'tradeshow pricing' at the show for the VIIB, and also presell out of the first batch of this VIIC upgrade which will be a week or maybe two away from production. I've ordered more brass and it should be here early next week.

I'm also going to have some pieces of film and brass at the table, so people can get a better handle on how photoetch is done practically. I wanted to have a little display on how you could do it yourself as well, but I didn't think it would be a good idea to break out the ferric chloride and start making a mess.

Comment

Working...
          X