X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wayne frey
    • Aug 2003

Revell Type VII flood holes - How?

I have drilled the flood holes for the Type VII kit.No problem.
    But what about those itty bitty sloted holes between the torpedo shutters? Is there a way, or do you leave em simulated?
  • boss subfixer
    • Aug 2004

Wayne,
    Here is what I did]

[color=#000000]Wayne,
    Here is what I did]

Comment

• bigdave
      • Feb 2003

That's a great tip Don.

That's a great tip Don. I will have to try and find some of the files. You mean like the $1 stores right?
      Heres another tip Wayne. The next time you go to the dentist ask him to save you his used dental cutters. Most of them save them anyway and them just disguard them. They will not cut teeth any more but they are perfect now for cutting other things. Most of them are dimond cutters. They come in many shapes and sizes. I saw this in a magazine article and asked my dentist. He had been collecting them and gave me quite a few. Which I distributed to my local hobby buddies. They worked out great for cutting the holes in the Type V11C. You can't push them to hard in the plastic or they will load up. But once you get the knack they work great. I like the ones that look like a mini end mill. Dave.

Edited By Bigdave on 1111497039
      sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
      "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

• boss subfixer
        • Aug 2004

Dave, Yeah like the dollar

Dave, Yeah like the dollar store. Hey two for .99 cents you can't go wrong even if you mess up the file. Look in the health and beauty section.
        I never thought I would catch myself saying this but I can't wait to see my dentist.

Comment

• bigdave
          • Feb 2003

I found them! I got

I found them! I got (4) for $1 They also had some very nice sanding files. the ones made of semi-hard foam. Lots of cool stuff for a buck! I think I was the only guy in there though. PARTS IS PARTS! Dave.
          sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
          "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

• boss subfixer
            • Aug 2004

WOW, Bigdave in the ladies

WOW, Bigdave in the ladies section! what would a picture of that be worth?!? LOLs. Just kidding Dave.
            You got a better deal than I did, I also use the rigid foam sanding sticks when I can find them. Just goes to show you, you never know where you will find handy tools for our hobby.
            Later.

Edited By Boss subfixer on 1111719079

Comment

Working...
            X