X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jim smith
    • Dec 2006

Water pump problems

I got a roller water pump from R/C Sub Work Shop. No installation instructions came with it for powering it in forward and reveres. I tried a second ESC but can't get enough power to run the pump.
    The boats main ESC is a 25 amp and the one for the pump is a 10 amp. The pump is rated for 6-12 volts. I'm only getting 5volts out of the 10 amp speed control. Is this the way to run the pump or is there a different control I should use?
  • bob_eissler
    SubCommittee Member
    • Aug 2005

I think the motor should spin the pump with any escape. You can do a test with the motor connected directly to the battery to see if will spin.

Comment

• bigdave
      • Feb 2003

Normally an ESC is not used.
      A ballast control switch is used. Either micro S/W or electronic.
      You don't need to change speed on a pump. It should have full battery voltage all the time.
      Not saying it won't work, just not usually done. BD
      sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
      "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

• southern or
        • May 2014

Dave's right. The air pump I have from them is wired through a 3 way control switch that also controls the solenoid actuator.

Comment

• jim smith
          • Dec 2006

Thanks guys, they didn't tell me that when I ordered the pump.

Comment

• jim smith
            • Dec 2006

One other thing, dose anyone know where I can get one with out having to go to Hong Kong?

Comment

• southern or
              • May 2014

A quick look at Engel's shows they have loads of them. Kevin McLeod would be a good resource too. He's on the forum.

Edit: Engel's isn't cheap, but everything I've gotten from them has worked right the first time.

Comment

• cheapsub
                • Feb 2011

how about New York City
                Move fluid safely from here to there with this very nice little pump. Unlike most liquid pumps, this is a peristaltic type - the pump squishes the silicone tubing that contains the liquid ...

Comment

I have a feeling the pump being referred to in the original post is a peristaltic water pump- although they pump air too, slowly.

You say you're only getting 5 volts out of the esc, but don't state the system voltage you're running at, or how you have the thing wired up. A few decent pictures of your set-up would be helpful.

Comment

Working...
                  X