• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tsenecal
    • May 2024

Subregatta Videos

All,

is Ray Mason (ray.mason@ngc.com) still the contact to get back "issues" of the subregatta DVDs?
  • subdude
    Official Peon
    • Feb 2003

Re: Subregatta Videos

Depends on what years. Rays' the guy for the ones thru 2003, then Kerry Addington took over once it went to Carmel.

Looking for any in particular?

Jim
    SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

i have a "Submarines are go 2002-2003" that has a big scratch about 7 minutes in. no player i own gets past it

Comment

• subdude
        Official Peon
        • Feb 2003

Let me check my stash. I used to have them all, until I loaned a few to a newbie who then vanished...
        SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time.....)

Comment

• JWLaRue
          Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
          • Aug 1994

Tim,

I have that video. I'll send you a PM and we can figure something out.

-Jeff
          Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• jefftytoo
            SubCommittee Member
            • Mar 2003

Late to the game here, but I've got that one too, Tim, as a backup.

JeffP

Comment

It must be the season... or something in the water... I am flabbergasted by the outpouring of help on this.

I will be contacting both Ray and Kerry in an effort to fill in the missing years that i don't have, as well as this one "busted" DVD. and again, i appreciate all the help on this.

Tim

Comment

• JWLaRue
                • Aug 1994

Not to hijack Tim's thread, but as an organization we probably should figure out an appropriate way to get all the VHS editions of regatta videos onto DVD or at least M4V format. There's far too much good content there!

-Jeff
                Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• jefftytoo
                  SubCommittee Member
                  • Mar 2003

Agreed. Good idea. And not to de-monetize things for our talented videographers, but shouldn't we REALLY be seeing about posting all that old stuff on the web for newbies and the great unwashed hobby masses to gain easy access? No better recruitment tool anywhere, except hands-on trial sub-driving in person of course.

JeffP

Comment

• thor
                    SubCommittee Member
                    • Feb 2009

I agree 100% that these videos need to be on the web to be accessed by anyone. What a great recruitment tool!

Matt
                    Regards,

Matt

Comment

• JWLaRue
                      • Aug 1994

One word: volunteers.

-Jeff
                      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• jefftytoo
                        SubCommittee Member
                        • Mar 2003

Always the rub, ain't it?

First order of bidneh: digitizing the VHS tapes. I believe I own the whole collection, and would happily donate them all to the cause, shipping them to anyone who had access to decent transfer equipment (I don't).

Next: Last time I tried to upload something longish to YouTube, I was pre-limited to just a few minutes, so it wouldn't work—and don't know how to get around that. (Digi-dinosaur, yeah, I know.) If I could be instructed on the ways and means, and if a pre-EC-approved storage approach or spot could be set up, I could certainly volunteer to upload at least SOME of my Regatta DVD collection... If others could join me, many hands would reduce the work. As I said, I just need to be instructed on how to do this first.

JeffP

Comment

I know that most of the time and size constraints on youtube died when they decided to start handling HD video. I would be more than happy to help digitize the DVDs, for that "Handbrake" is your friend. Tom Chalfant was kind enough to post this year's seminar on youtube, but i am not sure we have a "club" account. how far back do the DVDs go? how far back do the tapes go? I am assuming one per year? since 93 or so? we will have to decide on "settings" as well, so that all the DVDs are "ripped" the same. We should also consider alternate storage of the mp4/m4v/mkv (whatever we decide on) than just youtube. It would be nice to have both the videos and the SCR on my tablet, instantly reachable...

Comment

• jefftytoo
                            SubCommittee Member
                            • Mar 2003

I guess that's what I'm saying: we need a club account, be it on YouTube, Vimeo, or elsewhere. And I would have to be instructed about the video formats Tim brings up too—that's all Greek to me. Sorry, not at home at the moment so can't check the full date range of my various collected Regatta VHS tapes and DVDs. Can do later, if needed...

JeffP

Comment

• salmon
                              Treasurer
                              • Jul 2011

I have the ability to convert VHS to DVD at work. So, if you are interested, I am willing to help on this project.
                              Peace,

Tom
                              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...
                              X