• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulC
    Administrator
    • Feb 2003

Favorite SCR articles of all time?

With the recent publication of issue #99 of the SCR, I've been thinking: what are your favorite articles from past issues?

"Modeling the Thresher/Permit Class SSNs (The Director's Cut)" by Steve Reichmuth (SCR-49, June 2002) has long been a favorite of mine. It was actually a revised reprint of his original article published in SCR-18, in Sept 1994. In it Steve chronicled his award winning scratch build of a 1/96 USS Permit (SSN-594) for static display. I found it to be both well written and documented with good photos. It introduced new modeling techniques to me and also exposed me to the history of that particular class of boats. I referred to it regularly when first detailing my own 1/96 ThorDesign Permit as USS Thresher -- and again 9 years later when re-detailing it as USS Guardfish (SSN-612).

So which articles make your SCR hall of fame?

Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
    <><
  • jefftytoo
    SubCommittee Member
    • Mar 2003

Re: Favorite SCR articles of all time?

That's easy, and I fully admit my pro-Crozier bias: the multi-part printing of "Mush the Magnificent"—Paul's original screenplay of the Wahoo/Mush Morton story. Why we've yet to see this on the silver screen (at least in SOME form) remains utterly beyond me.

BZ to you for that terrific script, my old friend,
    JeffP

Comment

• petn7
      • Jun 2003

Re: Favorite SCR articles of all time?

It was an article by someone (forgot his name) about a typical day/life on a nuclear submarine (Ohio class, I believe it was the Rhode Island?).

Comment

Working...
      X