X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subbuilder
    • Nov 2014

Regatta 2015? Is Matt Thor alive?

Haven't heard about Regatta 2015 and the President's Corner hasn't been used since Sept. of last year. Is Matt still president?
  • thor
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2009

Re: Regatta 2015? Is Matt Thor alive?

Please read the SubCommittee report. It's all in there in the Presidents column where I have been discussing the Regatta and fun runs over the last year.
    Regards,

Matt

Comment

• salmon
      Treasurer
      • Jul 2011

Subbuilder,
      You are a registered user and not a member, so you cannot read the Succommittee reports. May I recommend signing up to be a member? The back issues of SCR make signing up for the next several years worth it. I am on re-reading the magazines from the start for the third time and still gleaning great information.
      Matt Thor is indeed alive! I can attest he and the other members have been busy. Like you, I wish the President's corner on the web was used more often. This would help non-members visiting get to know what is shaking around here.
      We have had a lot of Fun Runs this past year, where do you live and maybe there is someone near you? What sub are you building?
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• thor
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2009

I will make the announcement about the 2015 SubRegatta in the President 's Corner once the effort is firmly in place. We're not quite there yet. Actually we are working on 2015 and 2016 concurrently.

I'm a pretty quiet leader. I work on a daily basis with the EC behind the scenes. I am quite busy with my full time job, so I don't have the luxury of spending much time online.

There is a lot going on and I look forward to 2015 with much anticipation. If you'd like to get involved a bit more and stay up on current events, PLEASE consider joining. Membership does have its benefits.

Best,

Matt
        Regards,

Matt

Comment

• tom dougherty
          • Jul 2005

I'm a pretty quiet leader. I work on a daily basis with the EC behind the scenes.
          he won't say it but I will. Matt and the current EC leadership have been very effective in moving the organization forward. After going through a near death experience a few years back, the SC is alive and well and fiscally sound.

Comment

• subbuilder
            • Nov 2014

Subbuilder,
            You are a registered user and not a member, so you cannot read the Succommittee reports. May I recommend signing up to be a member? The back issues of SCR make signing up for the next several years worth it. I am on re-reading the magazines from the start for the third time and still gleaning great information.
            Matt Thor is indeed alive! I can attest he and the other members have been busy. Like you, I wish the President's corner on the web was used more often. This would help non-members visiting get to know what is shaking around here.
            We have had a lot of Fun Runs this past year, where do you live and maybe there is someone near you? What sub are you building?
            Building a Moebius Skipjack. Waiting until the first of the year to join.

Comment

Working...
            X