Request- 2014 IPMS Meeting in Hampton, VA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tom dougherty
    • Jul 2005

Request- 2014 IPMS Meeting in Hampton, VA.

Fellow members,
    The IPMS (That's International Plastic Modellers Society, for those who don't know) will be holding their 50th Annual Meeting in Hampton, Virginia, on August 6-9th.
    See: http://www.ipmsusa2014.com for further details. This event will be huge, and in the past, a lot of submarine models have been present on display.

As the Special Interest Group (SIG) liaison between the SC and IPMS (basically answering submarine questions and sending people to our web site), I have been asked if the SubCommittee would man a table and perhaps have a few of the always impressive R/C submarine models on display. Tom Kisler was kind enough to do this last year in Colorado, his neck of the woods. In addition to enjoying himself, he drew them in like flies, and handed out over 100 informational brochures about the SubCommittee.

I would ask any members in the immediate Virginia area if they would consider spending a day or two putting the SubCommittee "on the map" at this event. I can arrange for an IPMS provided display table and see if I can scare up one of our SC Banners & some brochures. It's an excellent way to recruit fresh victims…uuuhh, members.

I had every intention of attending this myself, but personal family matters have intervened. If you can help out, even for one day, please contact me. It's another chance to get the SC in front of a group who need no encouragement to build models! There is always fascination with working models, especially of submarines!

Thanks!

Tom
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Re: Request- 2014 IPMS Meeting in Hampton, VA.

Gene Berger is active in subs again, Tom. I've talked with him the last two years at the IPMS show in February here in Richmond. Have you thought about reaching out to him? He had his big Fleet boat and the Revell Gato both on display.

Comment

• tom dougherty
      • Jul 2005

Thanks, Sam! Good to know that Gene is back & active. I remember his big R/C fleet boat at the Groton Regattas (particularly when he showed up one year with it painted Pepto-Bismol pink).

Do you have contact information for Gene?

Comment

• sam reichart
        Past President
        • Feb 2003

check your PM inbox, Tom.

Comment

Working...
        X