• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveneill
    SubCommittee Member
    • Jul 2009

local runs in the LA area-found a pool

OK I know there's a lot of guys here in my area. LA. And I never seem to be able to get together with you guys or you me. In addition the lakes around here are risky to say the least. But I did find a pool we can use that's 80 feet long by 40 feet wide. Big enough to run even the 1/32 U-boats like I have.

I'm getting more details today about it's exact location but it's up Canyon Country I believe. My friend Gene is a home owner there and it's the home owners pool and gets little use most of the time with the exception of summer.

Anyone interested?

Steve

www.steveneillsgarage.com

Re: local runs in the LA area-found a pool

Cast your net far and wide, Steve.

I've been organising pool runs since 2008, and the majority of those who attend aren't members of any particular model submarine group. Bear that in mind. Oh and I recommend doing a flyer for the event, it sounds like the facilities will come free or cheap, so set a date and press ahead. Don't wait for people to folk to wax lyrical- you'll wait for ever.

Worst thing that can happen is if no one shows, you get a nice sail in a swimming pool!

Comment

• timothy guest
      • Feb 2003

Good going, Steve. Press on.

Comment

• steveneill
        SubCommittee Member
        • Jul 2009

Thanks Tim and Andy your are right there. Still I try to give a little incentive on the forums.

The location is as sent to me on my friends blackberry:

Santa Clarita. About a mile from the 14 freeway off Via Princessa off ramp

Not far from me at all or the LA Valley.

I'm waiting to hear the final say on if we can use it every other month. Maybe we will all run our boats more.

Steve
        www.steveneillsgarage.com

Comment

Working...
        X