READ THIS ! It will make your day.. sub stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffrey j
    • Apr 2004

READ THIS ! It will make your day.. sub stuff.

hey guys,
    With out dragging this story out too long here it is.
    Today at work a guy I know "Chuck Sanders" comes over to talk to me with another guy I never met "George", Chuck ask me if I had lost anything lately at a local pond here in St.Louis. Jokingly I said yes a model sub, knowing Chuck knew I had built and ran them. He turned to George and said tell him what you pulled out of the lake yesterday, he said a 6' model sub, I came clean and said well its not mine.. After some discussion with him this sub sounded familiar, humm. let me make some phone calls and I will get back to you. He left his name and number on my workbench and I got on the computer and looked up the St.Louis Admirals web site, and I then saw how Jim's last name was spelled. I grabbed a phone book looked up Jim's phone number, gave him a call and said: Hey Jim, Jeff Jones here from the subcommittee, did you loose your sub??? Yes I did Jeff, well guess what Jim, I know who has it!!!!! And there you go,
    Jim Schwinkendorf was driving up from Pacific Mo. at 4:00 this afternoon to meet with George and get his Engle Fleet Boat back ..... I am not really sure, but I bet this don't happen to a guy everyday.
    One more note, the guy that actually pulled the sub out of the water with his fishing pole said he didn't want the thing, and ask George and his son if they did, he said yes and took it home. OK Jim, when you see this, let us know how it turned out.. thanks Jeff Jones
    Too old to Rock- n- Roll, too young to die ! Subs are just my speed......
  • sam reichart
    Past President
    • Feb 2003

Re: READ THIS ! It will make your day.. sub stuff.

nice detective work JJ, and great that you helped him get it back. that was an expensive "anchor"...

Comment

• jeffrey j
      • Apr 2004

Thanks Sam,
      And yes, talk about LUCK !!! Can't wait to hear back from Jim on how the story turned out yesterday. Hope his sub stayed dry during the ordeal. Jeff Jones

Comment

Jeff.

That's quite a story indeed, certainly the kind of story one doesn't mind being drawn out. I would hope the owner continues the story where you left off, hopefully including some photo's of the condition when recovered and other key points such as when lost, and under what circumstances. Thanks for sharing, a fine gesture made on your part and that of your co-worker.

Regards,
        Al

Comment

• jeffrey j
          • Apr 2004

Thanks Al,
          I just dropped Jim a note and ask him if he would please add on here the outcome of his subs recovery. Jim did tell me on the phone yesterday mourning he had begun the process of a permit to get a diver to search for his sub. If I would of been there that day I would of gone in after it myself, it wouldn't of been the first time... lol.. I saw Chuck Sanders again at work today and thanked him again for bringing George over. We were still in disbelief over how this turned out. Jeff Jones

Comment

• greg w
            SubCommittee Member
            • Mar 2010

I guess it would be a good idea to have contact info inside the model like alot of airplane guys do " just in case" .Greg

Comment

• bigdave
              • Feb 2003

That was great!!!!
              I would love to hear the rest of the story.
              Thanks of sharing Jeff!! BD.
              sigpic"Eat your pudding Mr Land"
              "I ain't sure it's pudden" 20K

Comment

Working...
              X