X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tabledancer
    • Feb 2005

How not to buy a WTC

Well I guess it`s time to tell the tale.I ordered a WTC on August 26,2009 with the understanding that it would be done before Christmas of that year.I used Paypal to leave a deposit of half of the total price of $650.00 to get started with the project and the balance to be paid before Thanksgiving with the delivery of the finished WTC to be before Christmas.Well Christmas came and went and no WTC.I made a lot of calls to Florida and got hold of nobody because the phone number was changed.When I finally got hold of somebody I was given every excuse in the world as to why the delay happened except that it was "Bush`s Fault"that it wasn`t done!Summer and the regatta came and went and still no WTC.I was getting ready to take a ride to Florida and I knew it would result in a lot of ugly,so I spoke to my lawyer and was advised to cool it and wait him out,because the Florida guy already had my money.Meanwhile Christmas comes and goes again and still no WTC yet and no explanation!Well it finally arrived in late July of 2010.Suprise,nothing works inside of it except Matt Thors Failsafe and I supplied that, because the guy in Forida shipped the WTC with the battery connected .Somewhere in route it took a hit and that turned on the system and that caused the failure of the everything inside the WTC.Only then did I DISCOVER that instead of new parts that I paid for,I got a piece of junk full of used and wore out parts that would never have worked the way that I intended for them to operate.NOW WHAT!!!!!!!Rather than deal with Florida again I chose to make a deal with my friend Frank Groza to repair and or replace what was there.I did not build a new Wtc because I already had $650.00 in the piece of junk and was on a tight budget.The rest is history!Also if anybody disputs anything reported here or anywhere else I have pictures and paperwork to justifie this posting.All that I have done is report the facts,nothing but the facts.Let the buyer beware,there are bad guys out there!!!!!!!

No animals were hurt during this presentation!!!!!!!

TD

Re: How not to buy a WTC

Very unfortunate, but I think there were endless posts about this wtc and whether it lived up to claims.

I think one of my posts asked the vendor for evidence of one which is actually working?

Comment

• fgroza
      • Jun 2005

here are some shots of the mentioned wtc. About the only items reused were the tube and a couple of electronic items. Servos were stripped, pumps burned up, speed controls DOA, and the list goes on.......

Comment

• fgroza
        • Jun 2005

The current replacement for Mike's problem.

Comment

• tincanrider
          • Jul 2007

Now I dont feel to bad about mine, ordered before all the info was posted, replaced both motors (all rusted), 4 ESCs, 1 servo, 2 switches ,control rod bellows and re-wired just about everthing and it has still not touched water.

Comment

• timothy guest
            • Feb 2003

So, who is the "Florida guy" or must we avoid all Floridians just to be on the safe side?

--- tg ---

Comment

• tabledancer
              • Feb 2005

Aquadeep

Comment

• greyakula52
                • May 2005

That's A Shame!!!!!!!
                I Recognized It From The Twist Lock...... Right Away....
                Geeze!

As A "Real Pirate" in another Life......If It Looks Like that
                On Arrival.....
                1. It Was Not Packaged Properly.
                2. The Power Source Should Never Have Been Active ( Connected )
                3. You Should Have Dealt With A Reputable Source Before Plunking Your Money Down!
                ( You Would Have Had RECOURSE!)

Keel Hauling Is Still an Option!

Comment

• feet wet
                  • Mar 2003

That is a shame that you got "burned". I too was burned by a Floridian, but to a much, much higher price. Went the route of calling the Sheriff, only to find that in Florida, Theft by deception IS NOT ILLEGAL!!!!
                  I, for one, will never buy another thing from Florida until and unless I have inspected it in my hand.
                  Still learning expensive lessons 50 years on.
                  Jonathan

Comment

• bob the builder
                    Former SC President
                    • Feb 2003

Hey, now! Not all Floridians are scumbags! I've built WTC's for customers (out of the twist-lock system!) and they turned out great and work flawlessly.

Let's not paint all the swamp-dwellers down here with the same brush!

(But DAYUM.. that WTC is nasty! I'm sorry to hear about that)

Bob
                    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

• stinger
                      • Nov 2006

Had a similar but MUCH worse experience with the same person.

Stinger

Comment

• fgroza
                        • Jun 2005

Stinger, pm sent
                        Frank

Comment

• sam reichart
                          Past President
                          • Feb 2003

Stinger
                          was that related to a Typhoon? I saw something about that some years ago.

Comment

• stinger
                            • Nov 2006

Stinger
                            was that related to a Typhoon? I saw something about that some years ago.
                            It was related to a Typhoon, but was NOT limited to just that.

Stinger

Comment

Working...
                            X