X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • modelnut
    • May 2003

"Das Boot"

It has been maybe thirty years since I first saw Das Boot. But since I am working on a VIIc u-boat I am getting the urge to see it again. Heaven knows if it is available at any of my local video shops. So I guess I will have to break down and buy a copy. I don't think it is out on Bluray yet so it will be DVD. There are three different versions out there, a Director's Cut, a Director's Cut SuperBits and the complete uncut original German miniseries.

Which edition is worth buying?

Which one do you have???

- Leelan
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

Re: "Das Boot"

Hands down the complete uncut original German miniseries is the one to get. The internal story of the crew of the U-96 is much more complete.

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• thor
      SubCommittee Member
      • Feb 2009

I agree with Jeff 100%! I just got the same version for $3.00 off of Amazon used in great shape. It is MUCH better. It adds a lot more to the story.

Matt
      Regards,

Matt

Comment

• modelnut
        • May 2003

Matt, you got a great deal! I can find that one for +$8 on Amazon and +$9 on eBay. You probably had good timing.

$9 for five hours worth of u-boat sounds like a good deal. But you throw in the shipping and brings it up to +$15. My wife just lost her job and I spent $20 on replacing the flak gun on the Revell 72 scale VIIc u-boat. Do I need the movie now or do I just want it? That's the question . . .

Thanks, guys! You helped me make up my mind about which one to get. Now I need to decide when to get it.

- Leelan

Comment

Working...
        X