X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    • Sep 2007

Nautilus 571 collision

1968 was a bad year. That was the year that the US lost the Scorpion and almost lost the Nautilus. It happened during war games with the USS Essex aircraft carrier. It was refueling and the 571 went in for attack. The Nautilus fired and came to periscope depth to get a picture. Sonar failed to report that the Essex was bearing down on them until it was too late. Could have been worse!
  • thor
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2009

Re: Nautilus 571 collision

FYI-I will not be providing a damaged version of the sail with my very soon to be released kit. You will need to modify the provided sail accordingly!

Matt
    Regards,

Matt

Comment

• tabledancer
      • Feb 2005

I`ll bet that somebody lost there job over that.

TD

Comment

• tom dougherty
        • Jul 2005

FYI-I will not be providing a damaged version of the sail with my very soon to be released kit. You will need to modify the provided sail accordingly!
        Matt,
        Not to be concerned! I understand that someone is working on a matching scale R/C version of the USS Essex with which to ram your SSN571 model to provide an authentic, scale damaged version of the sail...

Comment

• greenman407
          • Sep 2007

Funny Guys! The top pictures were taken after it was cleaned up, the bottom picture shows all kind of debris hanging off that was cut away by a crew member with a torch.

Comment

Working...
          X