Closed cell foam insulation board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed cell foam insulation board

I was in need of some of the commonly used close cell insulation board used for trimming. Anyone know of a reasonably priced supplier. I've located a place which sells the product in a 2' x4' sheet, @ around $40.00 not incl shipping. Does that sound about right to you guys? BTW, I did check with the local building supply stores Lowes, Home depot and Ace Hardware etc, with negative results. Thanks, Al,
  • greenman407
    • Sep 2007

Re: Closed cell foam insulation board

Hey Al! my company buys ours from HD Whitecap( new name) their # is 813 623-3574. I dont know if they sell to private individuals and be willing to ship it or not. Check it out. They must be cheap or we wouldnt buy from them.

Comment

Thanks Mark, I'll give them a try first thing in the AM.

Comment

Home Depot #273
        2450 Jacaranda Blvd
        Venice, FL 34293
        (941)408-9400

claims to have Foamular Laminited Sheathing (pink foam insulation board) .75 in. x 48 in. x 96 in.

for $12.67

Comment

Tsenical,
          Thanks for looking into this for me. The last time I visited that same store ( last week ) and inquired, I even brought a sample with, I was told that they didn't stock any closed cell foam board, but just the standard styrofoam 4x8 sheets and the foil faced insulation foam board. However, I'll certainly return and look into the matter further, I may have been speaking with someone who was not familiar or fully informed, or maybe it can be ordered as a special item request. The price is right, that's for sure. Regards, Al,

Comment

• scott t
            • Feb 2003

You might check with local masons that stucco over foam and see if they have scraps that are the
            right material or checkout a local jobsite.

Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott,

Turns out after providing all the info supplied by Tsenecal and confronting another employee over at the local Home Depot, they determined they did have it in stock.
              Seems as though there was some confusion regarding the request for closed cell foamboard, not many realize the term relating to the products they stock.

I did pickup a 4' x 8' x .75 sheet for only $12.67. Such a deal! hopefully it will serve the purpose, as I'm still not sure why another distributor wanted $40 for a 2' x 4' x 1" piece of what appears to be the same stuff. There may or may not be some slight difference between the two products, but I believe this foamboard made by Owens Corning should work fine. Only time will tell, Hey! the price was right that's for sure. If all else fails I'll use it for a bathroom wall project I have coming up. Al,

Comment

• greenman407
                • Sep 2007

Uh Oh ! Sounds like an upcoming honeydoo project.

Comment

Close, but no cigar!

Comment

Working...
                  X