SubCommittee Report - Editor & Articles Needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

SubCommittee Report - Editor & Articles Needed!!

Folks,

It should come as no surprise that the SubCommittee is still looking for an editor to replace Pete who is stepping down after the December issue. The SC would like to hear from members who might be interested in becoming the next editor of our favorite magazine. Please contact Myles Yancey!

In order to keep the SCR moving along, I have been drafted to assist Myles and once again take up the reigns as the Managing Editor....but only for the March issue. After that, it's up to......?

So....the March issue.

Pre-production planning has started and what I find is that we do not have enough articles already submitted to come close to filling the issue. If you have been considering writing or are in the process of writing an article, please contact me! If you are not sure if what to write, please contact me! I can be reached either through the forum PM or directly through e-mail at jeffrey.larue@hp.com.

The SCR needs your help and support!

-many thanks for your continued effort to keep the SCR the premier hobby magazine.

Jeff (Managing Editor pro-tem for Issue #80)
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Re: SubCommittee Report - Editor & Articles Needed!!

Has the Sub Committee ever tried, or considered trying to appoint a team of editors, say four and each editor edits one issue a year. It strikes me this would be far less of a burden, and could possibly introduce some diversity into the mag, as a variation in editorial style may lead the report one way or t' other.

Comment

• JWLaRue
      • Aug 1994

Not that I know of. Given the difficulty that the SC seems to have getting volunteers in general.....if this would make it easier for people to volunteer their time then I would like to see the SC consider it.

If there are folks who would be interested in pursuing this, please contact Myles Yancey to discuss.

-tnx,

Jeff
      Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• JWLaRue
        • Aug 1994

Just a reminder that we are still looking for articles! Okay...we're always looking for articles.

Not to beat a dead horse, but without folks submitting material, there won't be an SCR. I know most of you already know this, but it needs to be said that the SubCommittee cannot afford to hire staff writers to fill the pages of the magazine. The SCR is only as good as you make it through your efforts.

I do want to personally and publically thank every person who stepped up to the plate and submitted material to me for the March SCR. (I actually have slightly more than is needed....a good thing, but this is not to let you 'off the hook' on needing material.)

-Jeff
        Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• pirate
          • Oct 2005

As Jeff says, he has a little more than needed for March, but we need to be at least one more issue ahead on filling with content in order to get these out on time as well.

So send in your stuff.

Instead of a little more than needed for March, he is actually probably 80% short for June. Than means he's 80% behind.

So send in your stuff.

Pete

Comment

• tmsmalley
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2003

You want "How To" articles?
            Ok, write one about somthing you know how to do. It will encourage others to do the same thing!

I just sent one in, have you? If not, quit griping!!!

Comment

• JWLaRue
              • Aug 1994

Yea...what Tim said. And griping won't keep the SCR coming to your mailbox.

-Jeff
              Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• jefftytoo
                SubCommittee Member
                • Mar 2003

JeffL, Pete and Myles,

The L.A. (SSN-688) was recently in town for her official Decommissioning. I attended and even toured. Whoever's eventually handling June can count on a decent-length article with pix for that issue....

Still tryin' to do my bit,
                JeffP

Comment

• JWLaRue
                  • Aug 1994

Hi Jeff,

....that's definitely making me jealous! (the sub tour, not the article. )

As always, you're continued efforts and support of the SCR is greatly appreciated.

So far, no word on who will be picking up the reigns for the SCR. Rumor has it that a few folks have asked that I remain as editor, but that's all it is....a rumor. I've not heard anything.

-Jeff
                  Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

• tmsmalley
                    SubCommittee Member
                    • Feb 2003

Just got the March issue. Fantastic! Jeff, his graphics guy and the others have done a spectacular job. Bravo Zulu to the editor and staff of the SCR!

Great articles on fiberglass molding by Matt Thor, Building an OTW Type VII Mike Martin, and Gregory Turek's new way to waterproof a WTC. Also great stories on a Submarine Regatta and model boat convention in the UK with lots of sub models.

Comment

• myles yancey
                      • Mar 2005

Folks,

It should come as no surprise that the SubCommittee is still looking for an editor to replace Pete who is stepping down after the December issue. The SC would like to hear from members who might be interested in becoming the next editor of our favorite magazine. Please contact Myles Yancey!

In order to keep the SCR moving along, I have been drafted to assist Myles and once again take up the reigns as the Managing Editor....but only for the March issue. After that, it's up to......?

So....the March issue.

Pre-production planning has started and what I find is that we do not have enough articles already submitted to come close to filling the issue. If you have been considering writing or are in the process of writing an article, please contact me! If you are not sure if what to write, please contact me! I can be reached either through the forum PM or directly through e-mail at jeffrey.larue@hp.com.

The SCR needs your help and support!

-many thanks for your continued effort to keep the SCR the premier hobby magazine.

Jeff (Managing Editor pro-tem for Issue #80)
                      We are still looking for a managing editor for the Sc Report and if no one is willing to step up then the March issue will be the last issue until someone decides to fill the position of the Managing
                      Editor.

Thank you Jeff for all your hard work in getting out the March issue job well done.

Myles

Comment

• david h
                        • Feb 2003

G'day all,

Despite no longer being a member, (It's become just a little too pricey for those of us not in the U.S) I intend on writing a report on the Australian subregatta coming up next weekend in Canberra ACT. Maybe this will be able to give me a free subscription for 2011.

regards,

David H

Comment

You have to submit two articles within a year in order to receive 50% discount on your membership.

To receive 100% discount you need to the do the above, plus assist with proofing and text editing four articles of five pages or more per year.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                          X