Electronic Switch

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • junglelord
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 347

    #1

    Electronic Switch

    Hi guys, I need a simple electronic switch for my Snort blower on my Seaview. Any suggestions.

    I took a look at Mikes Sub works.
    The SES-3 electronic switches look good.
    I need a Pitch Control from him anyway.


    This Picoswitch seems good and a bit cheaper.


    Just wondered if anybody had a favorite.
    Thanks
    Dean
  • carcharadon
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2003
    • 301

    #2
    Do you know the amp

    Do you know the amp draw of the snort blower?

    The pico is low amps



    4-5 amps with a dual E switch it will run an 1100 GPH bilge pump at 12 volts but will blow at 24.

    Find information, resources and relevant links for emsjomar.com. This domain may be for sale.

    Comment

    • robert f.
      SubCommittee Member
      • Jun 2006
      • 161

      #3
      Hi Dean,

      Hansen Hobbies have a

      Hi Dean,

      Hansen Hobbies have a great working, nice little switch: the MERS.

      See www.hansenhobbies.com/products/onboardacc/mers/

      Caswell sells these, but they can also be ordered from Hansen directly. I did this, and they provide excellent and fast service.

      Regards,

      Robert

      Comment

      • Rick Teskey
        SubCommittee Member
        • Feb 2003
        • 217

        #4
        switch

        Buy a snort driver , it is pourpose built .
        Rick

        Comment

        • Guest

          #5
          Be aware the pico switch

          Be aware the pico switch uses relays, as opposed to solid state switching of competitors devices.

          Relays are very reliable providing you operate them well within their limits, but I prefer sold state if there is the option.

          Comment

          • ricknelson
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2006
            • 186

            #6
            RC Dudes have a 1

            RC Dudes have a 1 amp pico switch and a 10 amp "Battle" version. Go to:

            http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-Acces ... Categories

            Comment

            Working...