• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymous
    • May 2024

Help please - Propel qestion

G'day All
    I can only get a small amount of air brush propellant into the pressure vessel. I am tipping the can up side downd but transfer seems to stop and only a small amount is in the cylinder. Does temperature have somthing to do with it?
    Thanks Keith

I always thought you were

I always thought you were supposed to chill the propel tank first, by filling it, and then venting it off, by using the tire valve. This would chill the tank so that more propel would be stored. I think there was a big controversy on this on the old boards, so you might want to check there.

John

Comment

Thanks John
      I will

Thanks John
      I will try that. How do you get back to the old message board. I do seem to remember that but I didn't know you could still go to the old boards.
      Keith

Comment

Try Here,
        Linked off the Main

Try Here,
        Linked off the Main Page

Message Board Search

John

Comment

Thanks guy's
          I wasn't bleeding

Thanks guy's
          I wasn't bleeding off pressure with the blow valve while filling and it works ok now.For the liquid to trasfer,there has to be a pressure difference between the filler can and the vessel. Depressing the tire valve does the same thing as explained by John. Also thanks to Matt for the e mail.
          Regards Keith

Comment

• m. munger
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2003

Keith]

[color=#000000]Keith]

Comment

Hi Matt
              I did worry

Hi Matt
              I did worry about this myself so I installed a relief valve in the tank and had the tank tested to 500 psi. I am now confident to use it. You can check it out at my web site. Click on the link.
              Keith
              Ballast Tank and pressure vessel

Comment

Working...
              X