SC Privacy Policy - Is the policy defined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seaphoto
    • Feb 2003

SC Privacy Policy - Is the policy defined?

Today I got a solicitation from Warship International with my SC membership number on it. Just wondering if the SC loans or sells its membership list out, or if WI just got a copy of the directory and sends out mailings. Can anyone clarify the privacy policy of the subcommittee?

Thanks!

Kurt
  • president
    • Feb 2003

Kurt........We don't and have never

Kurt........We don't and have never sold our membership list to anyone. What have happened in the past are small businesses that belong to our organization take the liberty to use our membership list as a mailing list. I will contact Warship International and tell him that the directory is for contacting members to further our hobby and not to solicit business. Unfortunately we can control what people do with the list. If this becomes a problem I know of one sure fix…we won’t publish one.

Respectfully,
    Jim Wheeler
    President

Comment

• seaphoto
      • Feb 2003

Kurt........We don't and have never

Kurt........We don't and have never sold our membership list to anyone. What have happened in the past are small businesses that belong to our organization take the liberty to use our membership list as a mailing list. I will contact Warship International and tell him that the directory is for contacting members to further our hobby and not to solicit business. Unfortunately we can control what people do with the list. If this becomes a problem I know of one sure fix…we won’t publish one.
      Thanks Jim for the quick answer...I subscribe to WI already, and don't object to hearing from them, but just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to start getting mailings from Columbia House <grin>

Take care

Kurt

Comment

• casey thrower
        • Feb 2003

Message deleted by poster.

Edited By

Edited By Casey Thrower on 1046906519

Comment

• tmsmalley
          SubCommittee Member
          • Feb 2003

Dropping the membership roster? Letter

Dropping the membership roster? Letter from an attorney?

He's a brand new member, let's lighten up shall we? How about dropping him a note and just let him know that you aren't interested?

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather get an occassional e-message from an RC sub vendor telling me about a new product or service I might be interested in than the scads of other crap I get.

Tim

Comment

• casey thrower
            • Feb 2003

Edited By

Edited By Casey Thrower on 1046906497

Comment

• president
              • Feb 2003

Folks...Can you help me? I

Folks...Can you help me? I would like to know who recieved this mailing from Warships International? Just send me an e-mail at president@subcommittee.com so we don't waste space here.

Respectfully,
              Jim Wheeler

Edited By President on 1046832960

Comment

Working...
              X