• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captain nemo12
    • Sep 2003

U-2518 - anybody RC this boat?

Hey guys,

I found this interesting kit on Military Hobbies.ca, seems to be a Trumpeter 1/144th scale Type XXI u-boat, I guess this is the same kit or a similar kit as the "Wilhem Bauer" (U-2540) introduced by the same company. Seems to be a good qualifier for a dynamic sub, it measures 53cm in lengh and 6cm for the width.

The kit comes motorized with motors, I guess this could facilitate RCing a bit.

have a look at the page below with a few descriptions]http://www.militaryhobbies.ca/product.cfm?ProductID=5222[/url]

BTW, the boat is on special, $13.95! Pretty good deal for under 20 bux!

• yellowdog
    • Jul 2004

If this kit is the

If this kit is the same one that first came on the market about three years ago, you may want to pass on it. The first kits by this company were rough. Their new stuff is very good.
    If you want a 1/144 type-21 go with the Revell. It is a much better kit in every way. Much better molding and better plastic.
    Later, Dan

Comment

• turbobearcat
      • Apr 2003

I took an old Revell

I took an old Revell kit and a Trumpeter kit and took the dek and conningtower from the ROG and used it on the Trumpters kit.. a perfect fit..and it gave me a switch to use by rotating one of the turrents

The only bad thing I found with the trumpeter kit, it's made to motorized and part of the stern is cut out for a single prop!
      but I have drilled a hole in the hull and can make linkage for the rudder, this is a very possible kit to do but very tiny,best thign is the side cover on the kit opens when you need to service the hull!

Your guess is as good as mine on this kit, when I get my house taxes paid next month, all of my projects will be finished.!!!!!!

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X