The Dec SCR - best ever!!! - The best covers (inside and out) ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmsmalley
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

The Dec SCR - best ever!!! - The best covers (inside and out) ever!

I just got my December SubCommittee Report and I must say, this issue may have the best color cover yet. Lots of good info besides just the pretty color pictures from years past. "The king is dead, long live the king."

(Even though I am on the SCR staff I feel I can say this since this time all I did was do the masthead for Wayne Frey's article on the Soviet Beluga. Everything else was done by the new editor and his staff.)

You guys who are too cheap to fork over a few bucks for a SC membership are really missing the boat. This mag is better than the publications from clubs ten times this size.

The production editor for the Sub Vets' Association at their national convention in Duluth Minnesota when SubRon 6 did a pool demo for the members a couple of years ago told me that he wished his magazine (with 10,000 members!!!) was half as good as ours. If you have ever seen the American Submariner you know what he means.

Comon you cheapskates! You are spending $1000 or more for a sub. You can't afford $26 a year for the best club magazine (and all the benefits on the website)?

Give me a break...
  • JWLaRue
    Managing Editor, SubCommittee Report
    • Aug 1994

Many thanks, Tim. I must

Many thanks, Tim. I must admit that I did have some very good material to choose from when putting together this particular set of color covers.

The Parche photos that we found on the U.S. Navy web site was really a 'no brainer' in terms of potential member interest!

-Jeff
    Rohr 1.....Los!

Comment

Love that cover shot. Looks

Love that cover shot. Looks vaguely familiar to a current project in the works...

Comment

• dietzer
        • Feb 2003

Thanks, Tim!

Credit for the covers

[color=#000000]Thanks, Tim!

Credit for the covers goes to Jeff LaRue. He did a fantastic job on them! I was very impressed when I got my SCR today. Even with seeing the color proofs beforehand, I'm amazed to see how well the covers printed. Both Jeff and the printers did a great job on them.

To the entire SCR staff]

Comment

• novagator
          SubCommittee Member
          • Aug 2003

What sub is that?

What sub is that?

Comment

• dono
            SubCommittee Member
            • Feb 2003

Well said Tim. Come on

Well said Tim. Come on gang, listen to Tim, and join the SubCommittee!!! Don't be a "Cheapskate". Not only do the issues look great, they contain a lot of valuable information.

I don't have my issue yet Carl, but I'm sure you, Jeff and the rest of the staff have outdone yourselves once again. I can't wait to see my issue. Thanks again you guys.

Comment

• dietzer
              • Feb 2003

John,

The sub on the cover

John,

The sub on the cover is the USS Parche, SSN-693. Tom Dougherty wrote a short article about her for this issue.

Carl

Comment

Working...
              X