Andy Hunt - can you help with Kim's image problem? - What's the deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmsmalley
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

Andy Hunt - can you help with Kim's image problem? - What's the deal?

[B]DOES ANDY HAVE ANY IDEAS?[B/]
    If you right click on the image, go to properties, copy the URL and paste it into its own browser window Kim's image of the Ohio comes up fine. I wonder if its something weird about Tripod? I will try to post an image from my Tripod photo site-
    and see if it works...]http://rcsubmersibles.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/rov1sm.jpg[/img]
  • tmsmalley
    SubCommittee Member
    • Feb 2003

Hmmm - when I previewed

Hmmm - when I previewed it, it was fine and I could see the image. I wonder why it won't post?

Comment

Hmmm... that is puzzling. I

Hmmm... that is puzzling. I did notice an extra / in the link but that may or may not be the issue.

Testing

Comment

What I believe is going

What I believe is going on here, is that Tripod is filtering incoming image requests and determining whether they are being linked in from another site, in which case they only return their little ad image. They don't want people using their site as a photo storehouse for other websites. The idea is to keep traffic moving to their site so they can feed you advertisements.

For those techies interested....

A few things things I found while testing.

1. If I right click on the tripod logo image, hit properties and copy the URL into the address line, then I would get the image.

2. If I copied the HTML source (View --> Source) of this page into a local file and named it [something].html. Then when I opened the local file in the browser I would see the picture.

3. If I then placed atHTML file on my remote webserver and called the page.... no luck. I just get the tripod logo.

It stinks but I see where they are coming from.

Jerome

Comment

• webmaster
          • Feb 2003

Jerome is correct. This is

Jerome is correct. This is a common issue with Tripod.

Sorry!

Andy Hunt
          SubCommittee Webmaster

Comment

Working...
          X