Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China start copying your hard work!!

Dear all,

I found a website in China selling r/c warship, submarine, WTC and subtech items.

After I sent an email to Mr. Matt Thor. And confirm that one of his hard work model had been copied and selling in China.

The Link is]http://modelcoo.8848.com/goodsinfo.exml?GoodsID=A42000001798[/url]
    Because the website is in china, so it is in Chinese.

They claim that the company call Art Model.

I posted here is to ask all owner that is this company dealing with your products? If not, please kindly let me know so that I can post your information in Hong Kong forum and warn them not to buy the products from them.

Thanks for your kindly attention.

Personally, I need to say sorry as I'm also chinese.

Tommy from hong Kong

P.S. I really donno where to post this message so i desided to post here.
  • novagator
    SubCommittee Member
    • Aug 2003

The problem with this lies

The problem with this lies in that Subtech et al. would have to have patents in China to prevent them from copying their inventions.

At most Matt could claim copyright on the design of the submarine.

That is the life of inventions and intellectual property rights.

Comment

• novagator
      SubCommittee Member
      • Aug 2003

I just noticed that they

I just noticed that they even riped off the photos of the other manufacturers.

Check out these tank pics

домен, регистратор, доменные имена, регистрация доменов, domain, idn, whois

They just stole the whole webpage.

Comment

Dear all,

I found a website

Dear all,

I found a website in China selling r/c warship, submarine, WTC and subtech items.

After I sent an email to Mr. Matt Thor. And confirm that one of his hard work model had been copied and selling in China.

The Link is]http://modelcoo.8848.com/goodsinfo.exml?GoodsID=A42000001798[/url]
        Because the website is in china, so it is in Chinese.

They claim that the company call Art Model.

I posted here is to ask all owner that is this company dealing with your products? If not, please kindly let me know so that I can post your information in Hong Kong forum and warn them not to buy the products from them.

Thanks for your kindly attention.

Personally, I need to say sorry as I'm also chinese.

Tommy from hong Kong

P.S. I really donno where to post this message so i desided to post here.
        Yes,we 're selling subtech and Thor design model.

That's a mistake!

You tell a lie,You're not Chinese,you're japanese!

Comment

Please visit below link ,doesn't

Please visit below link ,doesn't we copy it?

http://www.arkmdoel.com/Pic_0020.jpg

Comment

sorry ,
            that's the correct link]http://www.arkmdoel.com/Pic_0020.jpg

sorry ,
            that's the correct link]http://www.arkmdoel.com/Pic_0020.jpg[/url]

Comment

sorry again]http://www.arkmodel.com/Pic_0020.jpg

sorry again]http://www.arkmodel.com/Pic_0020.jpg[/url]

Comment

we delete the price because

we delete the price because we think Mr Matt dont happy show he give us some discount.

Comment

We are very puzzle Mr

We are very puzzle Mr 707HK he said he is a Chinese but cant write any Chinese font in Hong Kong BBS,NEVER!

We know your a japanese,you dont like Chinese but you cant say anything you want,you send supposing misadvise everyone!

Comment

• bob the builder
                    Former SC President
                    • Feb 2003

If you are selling a

If you are selling a kit based on the work of ThorDesign on the basis of your purchase of a single hull (as your "invoice" seems to indicate), you are sadly mistaken. Such a purchase does not, in any way, constitute license to manufacture and distribute copies of Matt's excellent work.

I'm not sure what laws and rules apply in your country, but what you have done constitutes theft. I only hope that Matt has legal paperwork in place so that he can pursue a lawsuit against your company.
                    The Nautilus Drydocks - Exceptional Products for the World of R/C Submarines - www.nautilusdrydocks.com

Comment

We order itfrom Thor design,built

We order itfrom Thor design,built it and sold it,then we order again to Matt,Is that anything worry?

Comment

• thordesign
                        • Feb 2003

Hmmm....

Very interesting. As I stated

Hmmm....

Very interesting. As I stated earlier we sold a boat a long time ago to an INDIVIDUAL modeler in Hong Kong. The Sturgeon kit has been long out of production. The sale was never represented as anything other than a sale to an individual modeler. We have never heard of Ark Model. We have no dealership arrangement with you and I find it interesting you claim to be a dealer to sell our products without an arrangement to do so. I would think that we would know who our dealers are. We have only ONE distributor/dealer, which is Atomic Subs.

Comment

• fx models
                          • Feb 2003

Hmmm....

Hmmm....

Very interesting. As I stated earlier we sold a boat a long time ago to an INDIVIDUAL modeler in Hong Kong. The Sturgeon kit has been long out of production. The sale was never represented as anything other than a sale to an individual modeler. We have never heard of Ark Model. We have no dealership arrangement with you and I find it interesting you claim to be a dealer to sell our products without an arrangement to do so. I would think that we would know who our dealers are. We have only ONE distributor/dealer, which is Atomic Subs.
                          Hi Matt and others...

We too were bitten by the Hong Kong copyright thieves. One of our submarine display models was purchased by a supposedly reputable Hong Kong individual. Being somewhat distrusting, I even had them sign a paper indicating they would NOT duplicate and sell it!

Well they did. Not only that, they turned around and put it into the SAME physical stores where our boats were already on the shelves! Luckily my relationship with the stores was good enough to convince each and every one to STOP buying the illegal copies. The pricing was outrageously lower for the Chinese copies but the store owners were very happy and PROUD to stay "American Made".

Sorry to say it that way but the truth is the truth.

We no longer sell to Hong Kong or Taiwan [there was another 'incident' some time ago that I did not mention]. I have turned down a lot of money from those two places but I dont look back and I have NO intention of reopening the shipping lanes to those destinations.

The legal costs to go after Chinese counterfeiters is substantial. They dont even listen to the UN so why would they listen to lawyers?

Marc

Comment

Hmmm....

Hmmm....

Hi Matt and others...

We too were bitten by the Hong Kong copyright thieves. One of our submarine display models was purchased by a supposedly reputable Hong Kong individual. Being somewhat distrusting, I even had them sign a paper indicating they would NOT duplicate and sell it!

Well they did. Not only that, they turned around and put it into the SAME physical stores where our boats were already on the shelves! Luckily my relationship with the stores was good enough to convince each and every one to STOP buying the illegal copies. The pricing was outrageously lower for the Chinese copies but the store owners were very happy and PROUD to stay "American Made".

Sorry to say it that way but the truth is the truth.

We no longer sell to Hong Kong or Taiwan [there was another 'incident' some time ago that I did not mention]. I have turned down a lot of money from those two places but I dont look back and I have NO intention of reopening the shipping lanes to those destinations.

The legal costs to go after Chinese counterfeiters is substantial. They dont even listen to the UN so why would they listen to lawyers?

Marc
                            Marc,

Well put! I'm glad I know about this as I will only by American made kits. I care about my fellow Americans and there jobs which are being erased by this kind of thing. If we don't support our country and craftsman who will?

Just keep building up other countries economies until we are so weak they will take us over. But not without a fight!

The real blame lies with our own people who would sell their own off for less money. How American is that!

But stealing someone's hard work only makes it worse. That's grounds for war.

Steve

Comment

Since I can't find a

Since I can't find a way to edit my last post in my anger I said I would only buy American kits.

I make RC jet kits and have imported many to the UK and Germany and have a lot of good friends there.

Also lets not forget that China is not in error if they make a good product from scratch on their own and sell it for less because they can afford to.

Every country has it's bad guys. Even ours.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X